Talk

Advanced search

Vacuum cleaner for deep carpets

(11 Posts)
bunny85 Tue 06-Dec-16 13:13:18

Hi all,

We have just bought our first house, and we are putting the new carpets upstairs and on the staircase. My husband wanted the deepest, top of the range carpet as we have a small child and he thought it would be best for him. I don't mind that but I've never lived anywhere with carpets, only wooden floors, so I'm very inexperienced in cleaning them. I thought we could do with a new vacuum cleaner that would be good on those deep carpets, but have no idea which one to buy. We have no pets and are not planning on getting one anytime soon. In terms of budget I'm not sure I could justify spending £200-300 or even more on a vacuum cleaner, so was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one that costs in a region of £100-150 that works well on deep carpets. I don't mind whether it's upright or not, bagged or bagless, as long as its performance is excellent.

Many thanks

ontheball11 Tue 06-Dec-16 14:02:26

I've just purchased a Zanussi upright cleaner and it's fantastic on deep carpets.

NanTheWiser Tue 06-Dec-16 17:12:39

Might be a bit out of your price range, but I have a Sebo, which is excellent. Upright with bags, but they take absolutely ages to fill up. Brilliant suction, and they go on forever.

rabbit123 Fri 09-Dec-16 05:54:37

Another vote for Sebo uprights. The only vacuum (other than my parents Kirby which was over £1000 new) that lifts the carpet up and gets deep into the carpet. Ours is over 20 years old now and has always cleaned well & never broken

bunny85 Fri 09-Dec-16 17:11:57

Thank you all! Any other suggestions, just for comparison? smile

HopeClearwater Fri 09-Dec-16 18:39:36

I had Dyson and now Sebo (sorry for not mentioning another brand!) and the Sebo can cope with any floor surface. Does deep pile brilliantly. Best vacuum I've had.

bunny85 Mon 12-Dec-16 20:04:50

Ok, so after thinking long and hard about your recommendations, I decided to buy a Sebo. But which model? I'm lost again. I even called their customer service which politely asked me to google which model I like the most hmm (Very helpful. Not). So, any particular model which will suit my deep pile carpets? It's on the stairs as well so easy stairs cleaning feature is essential. Thanks again

rabbit123 Tue 13-Dec-16 05:05:48

X4 Extra! Brilliant on deep pile carpet. It has a built in computer and will automatically adjust to different carpets. It also comes with a full stair extension hose so you can leave the machine at the bottom of the stairs and clean all the way to the top without lifting it

rabbit123 Tue 13-Dec-16 07:13:21

Have a watch of this, it's a good demonstration

youtu.be/OndyoY5HL6g

monctonbelly Wed 14-Dec-16 15:48:04

another vote for the Sebo upright, it's really good on thick carpets.

CaroleService Sat 17-Dec-16 16:41:40

Mine developed the 'cutting out' fault that some of the reviews talk about. I wouldn't buy another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now