Talk

Advanced search

Nonstick oven tray, baked on grease

(18 Posts)
AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 10:21:33

Has anyone successfully cleaned baked on grease off a nonstick tray, without ruining the non stick surface, please?

TIA

NapQueen Wed 30-Nov-16 10:24:04

Every now and then I'll pour a mix of laundry powder and hot water on mine and leave for a good few hours. The chap comes off well, but the stench is awful!

The tray will need a lot of good soapy washes after to rid it of the laundry residue.

bookbook Wed 30-Nov-16 10:29:19

a good long soak in soda crystals and very hot water - then clean with hot soapy water. May need to do more than once if truly baked on.

AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 10:34:39

Thank you, both.

AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 10:43:25

My soda crystal packets says not to use on lacquered surface, will it still be okay for non stick?

Sorry to sound like a numpty, I'm a tad fangry at the greaser baker-oner.

MrsHathaway Wed 30-Nov-16 10:53:15

I have only tried this once but some people swear by it.

Leave it in the garden overnight. The slugs will clean it.

bookbook Wed 30-Nov-16 10:55:19

I have just asked my DH - non stick is bonded, not laquered. So it should be okay, as long as there are no scratches. If you are worried about it - he suggests limonol - grease remover like this cillit bang

Thinkingblonde Wed 30-Nov-16 10:57:41

Try sugar soap, ask for it in hardware shops, its a degreaser. Or soak it in a washing up bowl with a couple of dissolved dishwasher tabs.

AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 12:01:15

Thanks again, I have some sugar soap and the tray is too big to soak, won't fit in anything I have. I'll see what I can do with it.

Slugs you say MrsHathaway? Interesting <runs away screaming squeamishly>

bookbook Wed 30-Nov-16 12:35:42

Modern sinks <pah> grin. When I had a new kitchen fitted, I went and researched sinks. I had my old one refurbed, as I couldn't find one big enough!

AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 17:03:36

T'is done, more than an hour scrubbing with sugar soap.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. brew all round fgrin

bookbook Wed 30-Nov-16 17:15:11

A lot of exercise that an hour , better than a work out! grin

AdoraBell Wed 30-Nov-16 22:41:02

Yep, who needs a gym when you have teenagers hmm fgrin

Gracec Sat 03-Dec-16 13:32:06

soak the tray with some soda crystals and clean down with some warm water. You won't ruin the non stick surface like this.

BradleyPooper Sat 03-Dec-16 13:34:01

Magic erasers, they work better than anything else I've tried. For truly sticky lost causes, I add fairy liquid.

summerson Tue 20-Dec-16 19:37:32

In future I would suggest putting some water in it and putting it in the oven, then trying to clean after the grease has had a chance to heat up and release.

We rescued a tray unexpectedly after loads of scrubbing DH used it (still dirty), after that it was washed normally and the baked on grease just slipped straight off!!

AdoraBell Tue 20-Dec-16 20:03:43

Well that sounds much easier than sugar soap summerson, will bare that in mind for future reference. Thank you.

Grumpyoldblonde Tue 20-Dec-16 20:07:22

I did a gruesome one by lightily rubbing with a dampened dishwasher tablet. Didn't scratch and all came off. Use same on the glass oven door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now