Talk

Advanced search

A sparkling Christmas

(4 Posts)
autumnglow Tue 29-Nov-16 12:28:06

There'll be 10 of us over Xmas for several days staying at my house. So lots of prep going on. I was just wondering what Pre-Xmas jobs you do and when you do them. For instance I've just cleaned my windows and am thinking have I done them too soon... I've 26 Georgian windows so it's a big job and taken all morniing. I like to tidy all the (kitchen) cupboards if I can and airing cupboard, amongst other things....what else do you do and when?

PeggyMitchell123 Tue 29-Nov-16 12:30:22

I am cleaning the carpets today and have gone over the shirting boards/door frames etc. I like to do a deep clean end of Nov/beginning of December so it's all nice and clean ready for the decorations to go up.

NotStoppedAllDay Tue 29-Nov-16 15:50:39

Today we are painting the hallway/stairs.

Giving it a thorough clean and hiring a rug doctor at the weekend.

Cleaned out my baking cupboard and most of food cupboards too

autumnglow Tue 29-Nov-16 19:22:57

I read somewhere guest rooms should be prepped 2 weeks prior - I'll build that in to the timetable.

When do you change your own beds before Xmas- thing is last thing I need is a load of washing/ ironing on Xmas eve. - or 23rd when they arrive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now