Talk

Advanced search

HELP How do i get pen marks out of my shirt?

(5 Posts)
cooj Mon 28-Nov-16 11:18:25

Hi,

My son has managed to get hold of one of my white shirts and scribble over it with a black ballpoint pen. I tried removing the stain with a sponge and some warm water but with no luck. I don't know what cleaner to use to get the stain out and it's quiet an expensive shirt as well. Please can anyone help me i don't know what to do?

Thanks

TiggeryBear Mon 28-Nov-16 11:19:37

Salt water should do the trick

magimedi Mon 28-Nov-16 11:37:43

Methalayted spirit (meths) gets biro out of clothes.

spaceodyssey Mon 28-Nov-16 12:15:18

my DD has done the same thing to one my shirts lol and it was pain getting rid of the stain, just apply this stain remover to the shirt and leave for a couple of minutes and then rinse out with some warm water and a cloth and the shirt should be as good as new.

Gingernaut Mon 28-Nov-16 12:28:42

Another vote for Dr. Beckman Stain Devil.

'Loosen' the stain with a solvent (spirit alcohol, vodka, gin, that weird spirit you brought back from your holidays or nail polish remover) and, before it dries, run under a tap with detergent.

Try that a few times before sticking it in the washing machine on it's usual wash and some additional stain remover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now