Talk

Advanced search

Which coffee machine?

(12 Posts)
cooj Mon 28-Nov-16 11:17:25

It's my birthday soon and I want to buy myself a coffee machine. There are so many available, can anyone suggest a good one? I'd like to make lattes, cappucinos etc. Thanks

bubblymix Mon 28-Nov-16 12:37:38

my hubby brought me a Tassimo love it, quick and easy to use and makes lovely coffee each time. It is also compact and doesn't take up much room in the kitchen.

NannyR Mon 28-Nov-16 12:46:31

I have a nespresso which I really like (although recently I've been using an aeropress as my coffee maker of choice).

I like the nespresso as you have a good choice of coffees and the machine looks neat and unobtrusive on my work top.
You have to heat/froth the milk separately for lattes and cappuccinos though.

My parents have a dolce gusto which is a much bigger machine. It makes cappuccinos but the milk capsules taste quite weirdly artificial to me, it also makes hot chocolates and tea (I think). The hot chocolate is nice but it's just instant hot chocolate that you could make with a sachet and kettle.

frikadela01 Mon 28-Nov-16 12:49:16

I've got a tassimo that I love however I only buy espresso and Americanos and heat my own milk becasue I think the creamer pods taste weird. When my tassimo dies I'll get a nespresso I think.

Monkeybunkey Mon 28-Nov-16 16:35:06

We've got a Tassimo (this one), which can do espresso, cappucino, latte, americano etc. (including some Costa ones). I'm not a big fan of coffee but like the various hot chocolates you can buy for it.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Mon 28-Nov-16 16:36:24

Gaggia Gran Delux.

FrickOnAStick Mon 28-Nov-16 16:40:22

Yep, definitely avoid the strange milk pods. Buy an aerolatte and froth real milk.

bruffin Mon 28-Nov-16 16:40:44

The dolce gusto is much better than the tassimo for cappuccinos and lattes. I dont get that weird artificial taste, but can taste it on the tassimo.
The delonghi minime is nice and small and is automatic

BensonBunny Tue 29-Nov-16 20:01:32

Don't get a Tassimo, they changed the milk pods a while ago and they now taste vile. Delonghi make some machines which have a milk jug that makes very good hot milk, excellent for coffee and hot chocolate.

Luciferbox Tue 29-Nov-16 20:05:37

DH has had 5 bloody coffee machines and swears that the Nespresso is the best one he's ever had.

summerholsdreamin Tue 29-Nov-16 20:14:08

Nespresso all the way

wonkylegs Tue 29-Nov-16 20:20:50

We've got this one www.johnlewis.com/de-longhi-ec680-dedica-pump-espresso-coffee-machine/p3061513?colour=Stainless%20Steel it's nice and neat and easy to use and you don't have to worry about which pods to buy or not buy or wastage - you just buy coffee & milk
DH has a daily cappuccino and I have a latte & we're loving the blend of coffee we've got at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now