Talk

Advanced search

Dyson V6 Fluffy or Dyson regular V6? What is the difference?

(8 Posts)
SaltySeaBird Sun 27-Nov-16 10:10:59

Urgently need new vacuum cleaner as my 12 year old Dyson has finally given up the ghost. Given how long it lasted I'm happy to buy another of the same brand despite money being a little tight this side of Christmas.

I thought the V6 Cordless sounded good but my head is being turned by the Fluffy. I can't decide if it is worth the extra £60 though. I'm not even sure what the difference is to be honest.

Fluffy V6

Regular V6 cordless

House is carpeted upstairs all hard floor downstairs (with a few tatty rugs that might not survive a vacuum). No pets but two small messy children including a four year old who is a glitter bomb in disguise.

rosycheeksl Sun 27-Nov-16 12:24:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SaltySeaBird Sun 27-Nov-16 14:09:55

Hmm you didn't post a link to the article you mention but you DID post an affiliate link to the item I mentioned and a copy and pasted review from Amazon ...

AppleMagic Sun 27-Nov-16 14:12:47

The only difference is the head at the end of the stick. If you have carpet the regular V6 is fine but it struggles to pick up large bits on wooden/tile floors. The head on the fluffy has a larger gap at the front for this reason.

SaltySeaBird Sun 27-Nov-16 14:24:15

Hmm I normally sweep the floor, then vacuum and then mop so in that case the Fluffy probably wouldn't have any advantage for me by the sound of it if they are the same.

AppleMagic Sun 27-Nov-16 14:57:45

In that case the regular will be fine but if you get the fluffy then you won't need to sweep first.

Harvestmoonsobig Sun 27-Nov-16 17:52:03

i have the animal one and it picks up all the fluff on hard floors, no problem. it's great

littlem133 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:18:39

What did you go for in the end salty? I'm stuck between the v6 absolute or the fluffy. I like the sound of buffing up my hard floors!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now