Wheelie bin cleaning

(4 Posts)
lbanks Sat 26-Nov-16 12:16:20

Just back from our hols and no. 1 son has not only forgotten to put bin out but also has put lots of rotten food in the bin and I've come back to an infestation of MAGGOTS 😳 (In the bin I add not the house).

MichelleTT Sat 26-Nov-16 13:10:08

Bin Buddy is your best bet, this kills and repels insects. Just sprinkle a bit of the powder inside your wheelie bin and this will kill all the maggotts once and for all.

specialsubject Sat 26-Nov-16 14:27:32

And of course no 1son will be doing it. He will need to scrub it out properly.

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 26-Nov-16 14:33:43

I've had maggot bin, it is very unpleasant

The bin people will still remove the rubbish. I googled, discussed my situation on ZMN and it's quite common, felt awful for the bin people.

When it happened to me, I'm actually feeling very itchy. I sprayed it to death with a bottle of spray bleach and most died, it was bin collection the next day and most where then gone, just filled it with bleach and hot water whilst wearing a hazmat suit I couldn't find anyone to clean it out in time but there are companies who will come out and clean it for a very small fee.

I already double bagged everything my bloody awful neighbour had shoved a nappy bag in mine, but that's another thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now