Talk

Advanced search

Best lightweight vacuum cleaner

(7 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 26-Nov-16 08:48:52

Lingering SPD means our heavy Dyson Animal upright really hurts my back. I've been looking at lighter weight options - need to be bag less and cope with pet hair or hard floors and carpet as we have both. The upright Dyson ball is lighter; the cordless Dysons are lighter still. I've also looked at the Roomba, as a local store has reduced the basic one to £200, which is tempting. But would we still need a 'proper' vacuum cleaner with a cordless or a Roomba? I don't want more than one as we don't have the storage space.

sm40 Sat 26-Nov-16 09:11:05

I've just ordered a new vacuum! The Miele cat and dog is £145 at John Lewis at moment. It's lighter than the dyson ball cat and dog one. Think there is a lighter Miele one still. I also have a dyson cordless but that couldn't cope with the whole house (4 beds, 2 cats). It's useful for kitchen and quick clean up.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 26-Nov-16 10:01:44

I've heard good things about Mieles but I didn't think they were bagless - are they? I'd prefer bagless if poss.

MalcolmFucker Sat 26-Nov-16 10:20:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sm40 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:06

Sorry missed the bagless part!!!

millysmith Sat 26-Nov-16 11:46:11

I would look in to a VonHaus bagless vacuum cleaner. I brought one for my mum as she suffers from chronic back pain and needed a cleaner that is lightweight which this defintley is. It's a 2 in 1 cleaner so you can use as a full length vacuum cleaner or as a handheld cleaner. It comes with tons of accessories and has a really good battery life.

FrogFairy Sat 26-Nov-16 14:30:29

Millysmith, have you linked to the right model as this one has a cord so confused by your comment on battery life.
Also, is it any good for cleaning stairs please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now