heating a conservatory

(7 Posts)
fairychronicle Fri 25-Nov-16 16:47:52

hi we have the usual conservatory woes of being cold in winter. we have a radiator in there and as our table is in there we like ot eat there in the evening however with the radiator and an oil filled radiator its still not warm enough. anyone know of anything that will give out a bit more heat? cant afford to knock it down and build a brick extensions!!!!

ChocolateBudgeCake Fri 25-Nov-16 16:54:19

We have the same set up as you. We use a heater.

Fan heater, effective and heats up quick but noisy so have to switch it on before we go in and then switch it off.

Halogen heater was rubbish.

Convention heater is ok, not noisy so can keep it on during dinner but works slowly.

The reason we replaced the first was because it broke, after much faffing I think I'll just buy another fan. It was a only a cheapo £20 one.

wowfudge Fri 25-Nov-16 21:13:43

Oil filled radiators are fab - just leave on low.

fairychronicle Sat 26-Nov-16 09:05:22

thanks. we have a oil filled radiator - might need two? its quite a bit conservatory!

wowfudge Sat 26-Nov-16 09:28:50

The radiator sounds as though it's too small for the space. We have the same issue in our orangery but will soon be putting larger rads in. The oil filled radiator is on low all the time.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 26-Nov-16 09:30:40

What have you got up in the way of insulation? Is the glass roof covered with blinds / curtains? How about the walls? What's on the floor?

Insulation will be the first port of call.

wildestdreams22 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:54:17

Go for a fan heater i purchased this one for our bedroom and it's fantastic. Our room gets so warm and cosy lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now