Talk

Advanced search

Microwave recommendations please

(7 Posts)
Moresaltedcaramel Wed 23-Nov-16 16:39:25

My mum wants a new microwave for Christmas. She lives on her own and uses it a lot (also uses it for heating things up when we visit)
I'm thinking maybe a combination one would be good, but they don't seem to get very good reviews.
I have never owned a microwave so I'm pretty clueless regarding functions and usage!
Any suggestions welcome.

bruffin Wed 23-Nov-16 17:04:47

just bought this one. Its nice and compact It is basic but does the job and easy to use. Never had a combination one, dont really see the point of them.

Blossomdeary Wed 23-Nov-16 17:06:39

We have a Sharp combination oven and it is ideal for just the two of us. I do all my cooking in it. Big enough for a chicken, but not expensive to run as it is small.

mrbenz Wed 23-Nov-16 18:50:25

I brought a Russel Hobbs microwave recently and it's an ideal microwave for our family. It's really easy to use and looks very modern and heats things up really well.

Moresaltedcaramel Fri 25-Nov-16 10:15:16

Thank you for advice so far. Still trying to decide!

NanTheWiser Fri 25-Nov-16 15:44:43

I'm not sure if you want to pay this much, but this is the one I have - it's brilliant, flat-bed, so no turntable, and is capable of being used like a mini oven, so perfect for reheating meals, and baking.

wildestdreams22 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:01:03

another vote for rusell hobbs we brought a combi microwave and it's a really nice microwave, very powerful and good quality product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now