Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Costco non bio laundry powder

(5 Posts)
MuddlingThroughMotherhood Sat 19-Nov-16 19:29:46

I'm just wondering if any of you have tried it and if it's any good? It's the one in the big green/blue tub which doesn't say non bio on the tub but the website says it's non bio and so does the price tag in Costco.

I was there today and according to the price label it works out at 5p per wash which would be great as we're really trying to save money at the moment.

I once saw my mums neighbour washing his car using the Costco laundry powder tub as a bucket but I don't actually know them well enough to ask if it's any good.

The tub says it can be used to clean floors and patios too, this puts me off a bit because I wouldn't dream of cleaning my clothes with patio cleaner.

I don't know enough about chemicals/ingredients to judge it by reading the ingredients smile

MuddlingThroughMotherhood Sat 19-Nov-16 20:46:05

Sorry, the title should have been...Has anyone tried Costco non bio laundry detergent?

I get lazy when typing on my phone grin

e1y1 Sun 20-Nov-16 03:03:05

Yes I have tried it, it's not that bad (all Kirkland stuff is pretty good tbh).

The powder is not a "standard" detergent smell - it's slightly (only slightly) chemically; however, on the finished wash, it doesn't really smell of anything.

From what I remember (was a few years ago) it is a tad bit foamy, so you may have to adjust the dose to suit your water/machine/clothing conditions.

In terms of it being "multi" purpose, in truth, most washing powders are - the ingredients are mainly surfactants (soap), oxygen bleaching agents and enzymes. It won't be chemically the same as specific purpose patio cleaner which would usually have anti-moss/weed chemicals too.

applesandpears33 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:35:18

We use it. It is very economical. The washing doesn't have that freshly washed smell though because it doesn't have any added fragrance.

MuddlingThroughMotherhood Sun 20-Nov-16 21:09:17

Thank you both for your replies. I think I'm going to give it a go, I usually use a bit of the white comfort fabric softener (only half of a small cap per load) but I may switch to a more fragrant one if the powder smells of nothing, thankfully none of us have allergies.

I really like all of the other Kirkland products that I've tried, my airing cupboard is stuffed full after all of my bulk buying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now