Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner?

(6 Posts)
stonecircle Sat 19-Nov-16 08:58:04

We have dogs. We have carpet in our living room, hall, stairs and landing. Other rooms are all hard floors. From time to time I hire a rug doctor but find it a bit of a hassle so thought I'd invest in my own.

Can anyone recommend something that isn't too bulky but which could cope well with carpet used by 3 dogs?

fillyourboots Sat 19-Nov-16 14:20:14

I've got two dogs myself and the dogs are always leaving stains, footprints etc through the house so i invested in a VAX carpet cleaner Am not a fan of the bulky ones either as they are really heavy and give me a back ache. But this one is lightweight and it's more like a hoover then a carpet cleaner.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Sat 19-Nov-16 14:23:32

I have a dog and I bought a vax all terrain using a mumsnet code. It's fantastic. Does the hard floors too, and really brings them up nicely.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 19-Nov-16 14:28:46

Vax - I bought only the cheaper option, it has an upright and hose mode. I 've just done the stairs in my new house (previous owner had 10 dogs!!) and the muck that's come out is ridiculously satisfying incredible. After half an hour they're already dry. I wish I'd seen this thread before I poured all the black water down the sink!!

previously1474907171 Sun 20-Nov-16 04:39:19

We have a George (relative of Henry) which is better than the Vax I struggled with, and the previous Vax which was also crap.

Made by Numatic, they have a good range of cleaners, wet and dry.

stonecircle Sun 20-Nov-16 08:13:56

Thanks for all the suggestions. Very timely as 10 month old dog has just had another accident on the living room carpet confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now