Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your lovely/luxurious bedrooms?

(34 Posts)
TheLionQueen Fri 18-Nov-16 15:57:37

I'm starting to get to grips with my house. This is taking some time but I'm getting there slowly.
One of the nicest rooms is the master bedroom. It's the least cluttered, easiest to clean and has the most magnificent view if I do say so myself.
I want to make it extra nice though.
I'm planning to buy new sheets as already bought new duvet & pillows. I have nice furniture and a lamp which is functional but could be prettier.
What do you have in yours that makes it feel more luxurious?
I don't have any trouble sleeping or anything, I just want it to be Lovely!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 18-Nov-16 20:13:41

I have a walk in wardrobe which is nice- with it's own ventilation fan. I have a 'lovely chair' for when I'm putting on shoes or sitting reading a book at the window.

TheLionQueen Fri 18-Nov-16 20:28:03

Both sound luxurious, especially the chair! I have a dressing table buffet that I'm in the process of 'upcycling' so may well make it a 'lovely chair', thank you for the idea!
No room for a walk in wardrobe unfortunately but jealous esp of the fan- I have a musty cupboard hmm

Artandco Fri 18-Nov-16 20:29:36

Ours is all white, love it

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 18-Nov-16 20:33:17

It was so silly, but i put the chair in and all of a sudden I felt like the queen grin

I won't lie and I will admit that lovely chair is often piled in things that should be put away sigh

You could put vents on your cupboard so that it's not musty. (It's a total pet hate of mine)

BathTangle Fri 18-Nov-16 20:35:43

Beautiful curtains in a luxurious fabric and a cushion in the same fabric on my bed. Have had it for two years and still makes me happy every day.

RavioliOnToast Fri 18-Nov-16 20:43:37

Mines shite, not lovely or luxurious. I crave velvet and white walls, a spotlight activated walk in wardrobe, when really ours is a mess of stuff for eBay, stuff to be put away, and throws and cushions grin

Cough would love a photo of the queen chair cough grin

Aftershock15 Fri 18-Nov-16 20:56:31

Mine has a lovely carpet and will shortly have full length velvet curtains. It is a work for in progress to totally luxurious, but I'm getting there.

sparechange Fri 18-Nov-16 21:01:37

An oversized headboard, big thick curtains and a couple of cocktail chairs. And too many cushions on the bed...
We also have some lovely bedside lamps with long stems. They were about £15 each in B&Q but look lovely

Some friends of have got a velvet-y carpet in their bedroom and it is amazing. No idea how much it costs, and they are a strictly no-shoes-or-animals-upstairs family but it looks amazing

SingingSands Fri 18-Nov-16 21:10:08

I have a "lovely chair" too - was a bargain in TK Maxx about 8 years ago. Also have a "lovely cushion" which cost DH an eye-watering £70 in a gorgeous interiors shop in St Andrews. It has the most amazing embroidered bird on it and I'm very precious about it blush

Oh and some lovely art on the wall above the bed and a favourite little sculpture on top of a chest of drawers.

We're getting new carpets soon and all the bedrooms will have a luxurious thick carpet to replace the basic one we put in years ago when we were skint!

Nepotism Fri 18-Nov-16 21:23:24

Smell is important - I save the best candles for my bedroom.

ShotsFired Fri 18-Nov-16 21:35:47

I fantasise about having a rack that I can lay out my tomorrow clothes on each night. Currently they get put on top of the drawers which is not the same.

The other thing I like are having touchlamps. No fiddling about on the cord, or under the shade. They happen to have 3 settings too which was an unexpected benefit as the lowest light is just perfect for "resting" rather than reading.

ChickenVindaloo2 Fri 18-Nov-16 21:44:03

I have a "non-lovely" (ie wooden ikea) chair that I put tomorrow's clothes on.

I would like somewhere sensible to put "non-work clothes that I've only worn briefly and will wear again on the weekend before washing".

Like the idea of having somewhere to sit when putting shoes on <feels every day of my 33 years>

My cat makes the room feel luxurious! Not least because I have to have fleecy blankets everywhere for her!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 18-Nov-16 22:05:40

Here's a link to the lovely chair... my room is incredibly outing as it's quite , ahem, individual....

[http://www.made.com/bouji-chair-graphite-grey-and-turquoise-blue queen chair]]

Brokenbutbreathing Fri 18-Nov-16 22:20:08

That chair is utter heaven smile

sparechange Fri 18-Nov-16 22:48:50

Ooh troll
My lovely chairs are from Made.com as well!
these ones

dementedma Fri 18-Nov-16 22:52:11

I am jealous. My bedroom is home to the ironing pile and ironing board, and all the crap we can't find room for elsewhere.

officerhinrika Fri 18-Nov-16 22:54:57

Agree with a chair. I've got a small armchair covered in silver velvet which goes with the White, pale grey and silver colour scheme. It's surprisingly useful.
I'd say quiet colours and lots of texture plus good bedside lamps.
The crucial bit is keeping it tidy though, a build up of washing to be put away makes me extremely grumpy. I hang the next day's clothes in the ensuite on the towel rail. Toasty in the winter!

TheLionQueen Fri 18-Nov-16 23:05:55

Lots of ideas I think I can manage on a reasonable budget here, thanks! So I'm going to finish off my chair and vow not to put washing on it. Definitely a nice elegant lamp- love the idea of the touch ones, I forgotten existed!
I've got my nice candles up here but never get round to lighting them. Will find matches.
I'm rubbish with the part worn clothes too- wtf do you do with them?!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 18-Nov-16 23:24:09

SpareChange that is lovely- very Deco. We've had a few things from Made and the only things that have been decent/were kept were the chairs.

Part worn clothes go behind the screen...this isn't the same as mine but is similar... behind the screen is also where my laundry airer is and where shit gets hidden from view. I recommend wholeheartedly.screen

sparechange Sat 19-Nov-16 10:27:28

Our lamps are a bit like this...

We need a pic of your finished project, OP!

ItStartedWithAKiss241 Sat 19-Nov-16 11:48:24

Lots of things from Tkmaxx

fillyourboots Sat 19-Nov-16 14:14:35

I've got a lovely cream colored armchair in my bedroom and i love it to bits. I use it when am doing my make up and stuff and it's so comfortable!

yomellamoHelly Sat 19-Nov-16 14:30:20

Over sized bedside lamps. Wooly thrown on bed as well as silky one. Cushions. (Fake) flowers. Electric fire. (Can shut door and make it all cosy.)

BradleyPooper Sat 19-Nov-16 14:34:28

Dark grey walls and a velvet chair. Covered this one myself. Also lots of lamps, low level lighting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now