Talk

Advanced search

Has she anyone got a house phone-preferably twin-they recommend?!

(9 Posts)
rollonthesummer Fri 18-Nov-16 10:32:28

Looking at Amazon-even the 5 star ones-they nearly all have loads of people saying the sound is crap or the battery is poor.

And all the funky looking ones (idect or magic box or Swiss phone) that I like the look of-seem to be rubbish!!

Princesspond Fri 18-Nov-16 20:57:34

We've got a bt one with advanced call blocker (call guardian). To be honest we don't use them that much, sound seems fine to me. The call blocker works a treat.

Redglitter Fri 18-Nov-16 21:00:37

I've got the BT Call Guardian too. I'd definitely recommend it

specialsubject Fri 18-Nov-16 22:21:53

Basic gigasets are fine, with a call blocker box. I love my block now button.smile

hairymuffet Sat 19-Nov-16 09:15:22

Gigaset

rollonthesummer Sat 19-Nov-16 13:16:40

Is the sound ok on the gigasets?

teslax Sat 19-Nov-16 14:09:39

I've got two gigaset phones at home and they are great. The sound quality is more then adequate and the battery life is good to.

rollonthesummer Sat 19-Nov-16 14:21:02

I have ordered the gigaset! Thank you for your replies!

Can I ask how the block button works? Do you answer the phone and if you hear an automated message--then there's a button on the handset to press and you won't get calls from that specific number again?

specialsubject Sat 19-Nov-16 16:54:59

my phones don't have a call blocker - it is a separate box from a company called CPR. It comes with numbers programmed in, but all you really need to do is programme it to stop 'unavailable' numbers. Instant blissful silence as all the offshore scammers are stopped. The phone doesn't even ring when they try to call.

For the crooks using fake UK numbers, you can either press 'block now' or programme in to block the last number called. Worth taking a few minutes to report them on the ICO site as some action will be taken. The TPS is fairly useless but you have to be on it for your reports to be believed.

I don't have 'with held' blocked as that is doctors and some financial companies. The main thing is to kill 'unavailable'.

oh - the box does come with a registration form to add your number to an online blocking list. Word is that is a really bad idea, don't do it.

changing landline numbers isn't worth it, the UK has run out so they are all recycled. Best is to detox your number rather than start again with someone elses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now