Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me what this bug is!!!

(12 Posts)
sammyjayneex Thu 17-Nov-16 16:24:58

Could anyone shed some light on what this bug is that I'm about to post. It was on my bedroom wall. I have only found 1 so far. 2 years ago we had a clothes moth problem inside our sofa so we had to get a new sofa and then we didn't see anymore downstairs and the larvae were creamy white but now I've found a different kind of larvae on my bedroom wall. I vac and mop but still these things come into my house. I'm worried they will destroy my bed, mattresses, furniture, Sofa etc and I'm panicking
What could this be?

NanTheWiser Thu 17-Nov-16 17:57:04

Looks like a carpet beetle larva - aka "woolly bear". I occasionally find these in my bedroom, but have never bothered to do anything about them.

sammyjayneex Sat 19-Nov-16 19:33:18

Thanks
It's just making me paranoid I don't want them hiding in our mattresses and eating it's way through my furniture. Makes me
Paronoid

previously1474907171 Sun 20-Nov-16 04:35:51

If you find holes in your jumpers it will be these to blame, people always think it is moths but carpet beetle larvae do as much damage as clothes moths. There seems to be a lot of them around his year.

Do not let them live because they are cute, they will eat your stuff. If you see the adult beetles in Spring, do not let them live either. The woolly bears hide in cracks in the floor and skirting and sneak up the walls when it gets warm with the heating on. They live on dust and natural fibres.

sammyjayneex Sun 20-Nov-16 17:30:24

Thank you.
I have vacuumed all around my room and mopped it hope there isn't anymore. Can they hide themselves in your bed and eat away at it (the mattress) I'm so paronoid because it's way to replace clothes but to replies mattresses and upholstery furniture isn't so easy

CoperCabana Sun 20-Nov-16 17:36:32

PLEASE don't ignore them! I have been doing so for the last few years, but now I have loads of them! Have had to use foggers all over the house and still find some lurking! The stress of them is keeping me awake. Act now with insecticide and you won't go mad like I have

sammyjayneex Sun 20-Nov-16 19:12:28

Where do you get the stuff from? Is it safe to use around children and babies?

CoperCabana Sun 20-Nov-16 19:42:19

I got from Amazon and have used around my kids but they are a bit older. I waited for the spray to dry and aired the rooms very thoroughly after using the foggers. Reading it back, I didn't mean to scare you and I didn't spot the poster saying there are lots of them this year so you may be alright. I am just a bit obsessed with them but in fairness, I haven't found any damage despite the amount of them I have in my house. Sorry if I freaked you out. I may have had some wine with my Sunday lunch...

booox Sun 20-Nov-16 19:49:48

Every time you find one just squash it as said above and the adults too which are tiny brown and cream chequered beetles. Keep hoovering along skirting and check woollen clothes.

We had quite a few last year and I've found a few holes in favourite woollen dresses. Only a couple this year thankfully, so my zero tolerance policy paid off.

I don't think they'd as easily get into mattresses. Always along skirting, on walls or in wardrobes.

Pollyanna9 Sun 20-Nov-16 19:52:32

You can get traps they get drawn to then stuck in. They don't affect us humans other than being blessed annoying.

Lots of vacuuming as well as I believe they like to scoff on human hair?!?

I've never seen them in my wardrobe, bed or anywhere other than sitting on the wall or windowsill so don't stress.

sammyjayneex Sun 20-Nov-16 21:40:11

Aww thank you everyone

CopperCabana don't worry you didn't scare me, I understand how annoyed you are. They are horrible. I am gonna vacuum up regularly and try a few of the remedies you have all mentioned. Hopefully they go away.

zeusfabre Mon 21-Nov-16 07:02:43

have a good hoover round everywhere in the room and then use this spray to kill off the bugs and stop them from coming back for good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now