Talk

Advanced search

Bulb energy supplier

(14 Posts)
PurveyorOfMeats Mon 14-Nov-16 09:21:58

Anyone already a customer of Bulb, the energy company, and want to share the £50 referral bonus with me since I'm signing up? Both the existing and new customer get it.

puddock Mon 14-Nov-16 09:23:32

Yes, I will! I'll PM you.

puddock Mon 14-Nov-16 09:40:46

Thanks PurveyorofMeats!

I switched to them for renewable energy last week, trying to think of things I could do to respond to Trumpageddon. My plan is to donate the £50 I get to a suitable charity like those listed here but possibly with a UK/European tilt.

PurveyorOfMeats Mon 14-Nov-16 13:29:25

Great idea Puddock. I just halved my energy payments, so it's win win for me.

donnajane Thu 04-Jan-18 20:38:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

niallella Fri 19-Jan-18 12:38:21

focusnj Fri 09-Feb-18 09:54:45

focusnj Fri 09-Feb-18 09:55:50

hypnorich Tue 29-May-18 11:58:02

Bulb Energy have been brilliant for us. We switched a few months ago and haven't looked back! Moving will save us about £275 a year. We also get a £30 discount because we get gas and electricity from Bulb and we get a £50 credit when people sign up using our link AND you get a £50 credit when you click this link and sign up goo.gl/3gdNX4

Bulb have 100% renewable electricity from solar farms and hydroelectric power stations.
They are highly rated on Trustpilot (9.7 out of 10) and Google My Business (4.7 out of 5). A real person in a UK call centre answers within seconds usually and they are cheaper than all of the big six energy suppliers. They charge no exit fees and if you are charged by your previous supplier as part of moving to Bulb they will pay the fee for you.
It takes 3 minutes to sign up, 3 weeks to switch and Bulb take care of everything and keep you informed each step along the way. This is how energy suppliers SHOULD be! I highly rate them.

specialsubject Wed 30-May-18 11:58:49

they are cheaper at the moment (variable tariff) because they don't have to do boring stuff like warmfront. The desperate business model that gets customers doing the selling is concerning.

100% renewable, eh? Here is one of their breakdowns:
7% hydro
60% solar
31% wind
2% other

that will be wind turbines with a life of 25 years or less, diesel backup and no factoring in of manufacture, transport, landscape wreckage, noise pollution and so on.

and it will be interesting to see how much you ACTUALLY save. The ofgem saving model assumes you are on the expensive variable tariff. Fixes actually go up 10-15% a year so no-one can really save.

wowfudge Wed 30-May-18 18:58:53

Their customer service is excellent I have to say.

ys4sg Tue 12-Jun-18 14:24:14

GarethSouthgatesWaistcoat Fri 20-Jul-18 10:47:09

Another happy customer here!

Just adding my referral code to the mix in case anyone's thinking of swapping star
Thank you to anyone who chooses to use it!

link

ys4sg Fri 20-Jul-18 11:11:04

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: