An exciting thread about table cloths

(11 Posts)
Rudymentary Mon 14-Nov-16 07:43:13

I would like a really good quality one.
The sort you would get in a posh restaurant.

Do I need to go to a commercial supplier?
Any suggestions welcome thanks flowers

sleepingbeauty27 Mon 14-Nov-16 07:51:21

If your looking for solid color table cloth with no design you can one here in a variety of colors. If on the other hand your looking for something with more of a design you might like this one?

Rudymentary Mon 14-Nov-16 08:17:02

Thanks

I specifically want a plain white one.
Sorry - should have specified that x

bookbook Mon 14-Nov-16 08:28:36

I only buy white cotton damask tablecloths, but I have trouble with an odd size table . I have heard good reports of King Cotton
here

ofudginghell Mon 14-Nov-16 08:46:39

Watching as now have an unexpected change of plan for Christmas Day and am likely to have between 10 and 12 for lunch at mine. shock

TeddyIsaHe Mon 14-Nov-16 08:52:39

For restaurant style white tablecloths you want damask cotton. Try Nisbits for pretty affordable restaurant-standard. Plus side of buying them from a hospitality company is they wash v well - just bung them on a hot wash with bleach and they come up perfect every time! Plus damask is incredibly easy to iron, so they look lovely for a long time.

bookbook Mon 14-Nov-16 09:04:48

Just check they are cotton though. And yes, I boil mine smile

wooooofudge Mon 14-Nov-16 11:27:52

I got my white cotton damask one from John Lewis. It is plain with a decorative border. TK Maxx often have some good ones - I bought a lovely RL Christmassy one at the weekend. Do not buy poly cotton or polyester - they are a pig to get marks out of, especially anything greasy!

Rudymentary Thu 17-Nov-16 20:34:05

Thank you all flowers

I will look out for Cotton Damask

cozietoesie Thu 17-Nov-16 21:30:57

Speak to older friends and relatives as well. They probably have scads of the things in their cupboards. smile

teslax Fri 18-Nov-16 08:23:11

depending on how big your table is, you may want to check out this tablecloth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now