Stupid lakeland dry soon thingy

(15 Posts)
elvislives2012 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:29:16

So I bought a LAkeland dry Soon airer with cover and it takes ages to do load of washing. Am i doing something wrong? I thought it was supposed to be quite quick, doesn't seem any different from my normk unheated airer!

JedRambosteen Sun 13-Nov-16 18:30:53

Get a dehumidifier. Life changing and your old airers will work just fine.

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Sun 13-Nov-16 18:40:45

I returned ours for that reason.

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 13-Nov-16 18:41:54

I'd be lost without mine

SpotTheDuck Sun 13-Nov-16 18:52:52

Mine dries two loads of washing overnight, if left on and with the cover on. I'm not sure how quick you were expecting or how long yours is taking? You do need to make sure things are spread out, not bunched up together. Also bear in mind heat rises, so thicker items should be at the top so they'll get the most heat.

elvislives2012 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:00:19

It just seems to take ages even if left overnight. It's in an unheated utility room so not sure if that makes a difference.
Think it's too late to return it unfortunately

justwanttoweeinpeace Sun 13-Nov-16 19:40:03

I stick a duvet cover over mine and I always get them dry overnight if I've spun the clothes properly before I put them on.

Never seen the cover so I'm not sure how thick it is. You might want to try a duvet cover instead?

CurtainsforRonnie Mon 14-Nov-16 15:39:27

Mine dries overnight with the cover on, I always put my washing on an extra spin though.

chocolatebiscuit123 Mon 14-Nov-16 17:16:59

You can still return stuff to Lakeland even if you've had it ages. I took a baking thingy back that I'd had for about five years, no receipt, they just looked the price up and gave me a full refund.

tribpot Mon 14-Nov-16 17:20:25

Mine takes about 12 hours, in a heated room. What I like about it is the fact that it does actually dry the stuff in this weather, instead of the clothes getting musty on a normal airer and then having to be rewashed.

chemenger Mon 14-Nov-16 17:27:04

Second vote for a dehumidifier. Perhaps the general humidity in your cold utility room is just too high for the clothes to dry, hot air can hold more water. A humidifier with a laundry setting not only dries the clothes but gives out some heat as well. I hate drying clothes inside normally because I'm not good at making sure I have a window open to let the water out, so I end up with a cold damp house. I was amazed how much water the dehumidifier produced when we got it first.

JedRambosteen Mon 14-Nov-16 19:19:27

Mine takes about 12 hours, in a heated room

shock when we've been getting through laundry to pack for a holiday, I've managed to wash & dry (to putting away dryness) 3 loads in a day.

JedRambosteen Mon 14-Nov-16 19:20:42

With ouR perfectly ordinary domestic dehumidifier.

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Mon 14-Nov-16 19:23:27

I spread the clothes out, later then up, give the clothes a dry for about 3 hours then I turn them over. After another 3 hours (or over night, depending on when I did the washing) I iron the clothes dry and give them another blast. This gets them as dry as a bone.

tribpot Mon 14-Nov-16 19:51:44

The airer takes 3 loads of washing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now