Talk

Advanced search

Quickfire cleaning quiz

(12 Posts)
Mymothersdaughter Sat 12-Nov-16 10:20:48

You've got one day. Kids miraculously disappeared for the day. You're in the mood to clean and tidy.

Which chores do you choose to do on this day? Go!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 12-Nov-16 10:25:18

Laundry
Deep clean kitchen
Change all beds and turn all mattresses
Clutter bust my desk.

Akire Sat 12-Nov-16 10:26:28

Go through toys before Christmas get rid of old broken stuff or things no longer play with before it's replaced.

PurpleDaisies Sat 12-Nov-16 10:33:51

Load of washing on
Clean kitchen
Clean bathroom
General tidy

Buy a magazine and read it with a cup of tea.

LightsLoveLaughter Sat 12-Nov-16 10:35:31

Major clear out, starting in the DC bedroom, then kitchen cupboards and perhaps the cupboard under the sink.

WhatHaveIFound Sat 12-Nov-16 10:37:00

Deep clean the kitchen including wiping out all the cupboards.

If i had any time left after that i'd sort out clothes/toys for the charity shop.

NattyTile Sat 12-Nov-16 10:37:03

All laundry through machine in stages throughout the day.
Starting at the top I'd sweep through the house with the Hoover and a black sack, being ruthless about stuff to throw away.
Pause to clean the bathrooms and change all the towels. I'd change my bedsheets too.

Then I'd sparkle the kitchen, and once it was all sparkly, I'd tackle one cupboard of doom. In my case that'd be the cupboard with all our pots and pans and baking trays in; if bin the rusty ones and finally I'd sit in my sparkly kitchen and order shiny new ones from Lakeland!

But I'd do my sheets and the bathrooms first, because then I'd know I had a lovely clean bed to fall into after a bath later.

Oh; I'd probably also sling some bread in the bread maker or make some biscuits or something so the whole house smelt yummy when everyone else came home. Because they'd probably not notice the clean shiny house, but they would think I was a domestic goddess for baking.

Alternatively I would pour myself another big mug of coffee and lie down until the urge to clean went away!

gemmawinegum Sat 12-Nov-16 23:11:06

kitchen, bathroom and hoovering

BorpBorpBorp Mon 14-Nov-16 11:59:11

I'd seek medical attention because if I had the house to myself for a day and I felt like cleaning I'd think I had an alien parasite controlling my brain or something.

BusterGonad Mon 14-Nov-16 12:18:25

Me too BorpBorp!

Rainbowshine Mon 14-Nov-16 12:21:47

grin me three Borpborp. I was going to suggest sitting down and eating cake!

ofudginghell Mon 14-Nov-16 12:33:04

My normal day off work then hmm
Laundry loads washed,dried,ironed,put away x4

Beds stripped and remade

While house hoovered and polished

Kitchen and bathroom cleaned

Rabbit cleaned up

Quick garden tidy up

Any paperwork that needs sorting

And anything else on the list to do. Luckily my awesome dh did the whole house Hoover and polish and floors steamed yesterday as well as giving the kitchen a blitz and I'm on top of the paperwork pile.

Just the dreaded ironing pile to tackle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now