Talk

Advanced search

Bed sheets

(19 Posts)
BasinHaircut Fri 11-Nov-16 11:30:55

You will not believe how long I've just spend ironing my bed sheets. Over 2 hours!!! Only 1 kingsize set!

I don't usually bother, but I'm a rookie at the tumble dryer and I overdried them and they were sooo creased that I had to do something as I couldn't even fold them up!

In the winter when I need to tumble, how should I do it? Don't want them draped round the house for days trying to dry them, but don't want them that creased either.

Please help me wise mnetters!!

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 11-Nov-16 11:34:47

tumble to 'iron dry' then
fold as smoothly as you can and leave out to dry completely before putting away.

youngestisapsycho Fri 11-Nov-16 12:02:59

Does it matter if a sheet goes on a bed creased... and it took 2 hours to iron one set?! Did you everything or just the sheet?

Cakescakescakes Fri 11-Nov-16 12:04:03

I dry on a low heat until they are still a bit damp then hang up overnight to dry the rest of the way.

puglife1 Fri 11-Nov-16 12:05:01

I don't iron anything ever.

80sWaistcoat Fri 11-Nov-16 12:05:40

Put on the bed and iron on the bed?

Disclaimer - I never iron and will take no responsibility if this sets your bed on fire (not in a good way...)

chipsandpeas Fri 11-Nov-16 12:11:46

iron on the bed - i do it all the time

BasinHaircut Fri 11-Nov-16 13:25:21

I don't usually iron bed sheets, or hardly anything for that matter, but they looked like they had shrunk they had creased so much, they were almost pleated! I couldn't even fold them to fit them in he place I usually store them.

OohNoDooEy Fri 11-Nov-16 13:26:59

I tumble them for a short time then over the bannister overnight until dry in the morning.

buttermecup Fri 11-Nov-16 17:24:17

I tumble dry until just damp, iron then hang up to air.
The superking duvet covers go to the laundry at £5 each. They come crisp and smooth.

Lazybeans50 Fri 11-Nov-16 17:29:34

Chuck it back in the washing machine for a quick cycle and then dry again? But then I am very lazy.....

ggirl Fri 11-Nov-16 17:32:13

Chuck a handful of ice cubes in the dryer and take sheets out when they're warm and fold

BasinHaircut Fri 11-Nov-16 17:51:11

GGirl does that work?? That sounds amazing!

ggirl Fri 11-Nov-16 19:11:40

yes I do it all the time with school shirts so I don't have to iron them

e1y1 Sat 12-Nov-16 01:36:51

2 hours?!! They must have been very creased.

Best thing to do, it tumble them, but only until they are ever so slightly (and only slightly) damp, then iron them - they will be easier to iron for definite.

e1y1 Sat 12-Nov-16 01:39:15

Oops, just seen you don't normally iron them. Just wash them, and keep an eye on the dryer, so that they are dry, but not overly so.

If they overdry again, the ice-cube/wet towel trick is supposed to be good.

wooooofudge Sat 12-Nov-16 08:18:25

Another suggestion - only have them spun at 800rpm in the washing machine. I also find that splitting the duvet cover from the load and drying that separately results in fewer creases. We have king size bedding. I occasionally outsource ironing of some embroidered cotton pillowcases, but otherwise I buy easy care bedding and never iron any of it.

ChickyDuck Sat 12-Nov-16 08:43:06

I fold my sheets before they go in the tumble dryer. They stay surprisingly well folded with all that spinning! Or ally half way I take them out and refold so the wettest bits are in the outside so they dry evenly. They come out really smooth this way smile

ChickyDuck Sat 12-Nov-16 08:44:29

*or ally = usually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now