Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone reccomended a decent heated clothes drier please

(6 Posts)
Mibby16 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:25:01

I know Lakeland do one, are they any good? Are there any others? Help! smile

SuePerkins Wed 09-Nov-16 19:21:58

We've had the Lakeland one for 6 years, in constant daily use from October - April and thought the summer months as needed. Its been brilliant and we would replace it with the same if we had to.

enkiman Thu 10-Nov-16 07:57:44

I've got a lakeland dryer as well and we use it on daily basis. When i put clothes out to dry on this they are dry by the next morning so it saves me a lot of time!

MrTCakes Thu 10-Nov-16 23:49:25

I have the Lakeland dryer and love it.

Chottie Fri 11-Nov-16 05:36:41

Another vote for the Lakeland dryer. It's in its 3rd winter and still going strong smile

previously1474907171 Sun 13-Nov-16 03:25:27

I also have the Lakeland dryer but I wouldn't buy it again. It wobbles, a lot. I read that you should place items flat on the shelves so I have done that, which means bedding takes a while to dry. I have also tried hanging things on the rails but they are too close together which backs up the idea that you should lay them flat.

I have used it without the (overpriced) cover and draped the bedding over the top which acts as a cover and dries it at the same time. Recently gave in and bought the cover and am now finding that anything laid on the top shelf takes a lot longer to dry with it on as there is insufficient room and the cover tends to rest on top of the washing.

If you have space to walk around it, fine, but if you have to put it in a corner it can be tricky to reach in between the upright bars to lay stuff flat.

I find the thing flimsy and overpriced. Look around before you buy one. Just because most of MN have them doesn't mean it is what you need.

One good thing is that it warms the room. Another bad thing is also that it warms the room, depends on how hot you want to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now