Talk

Advanced search

Best way to remove vomit from carpets?

(6 Posts)
rewardformissingmojo Sun 06-Nov-16 21:11:48

DD was unwell last night. After scraping up the chunks, disinfecting then spraying with Vanish carpet foam, I wondered if there was a better way?

may have to replace this carpet soon

wooooofudge Mon 07-Nov-16 07:15:14

You could get a carpet cleaner. We have a Bissell Little Green which is suitable for spot cleaning. Worth it if you are constantly having to clean up accidents. Otherwise I would blot up as much of whatever is on the carpet as possible then just use Stardrops original in warm water to clean the area and try not to get the carpet wet - just damp. Then put a clean old towel down and stamp on it to get the carpet as dry as possible.

If it smells you can cover the area with bicarb of soda which will neutralise the smell. You can also buy Simple Solution pet stain cleaner from the likes of Pets at Home and that is brilliant at getting rid of strong smells. Expensive though.

aliceinwonderlandsyndrome Mon 07-Nov-16 07:35:05

Has the vanish got rid of the vomit stain, has it left any odosr? If it has then i suggest you try this absorbent powder Just sprinkle a little on the carpet and then clean it up again after a minute or two. This powder contains a odour neutralizer.

ladydoer Tue 08-Nov-16 13:34:06

I'm treating vomit stains with warm water, with a few drops of ammonia added. If stains is too persistent - using warm water + some wool detergent

But you have to rinse very well with warm water + cotton cloth afterwards, to get rid of the smell

I've got a white-ish carpet and took our so many stains from it the above way.. don't plan to replace it before kids have grown up, we've got something spilled on the carpet every other day!

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 08-Nov-16 13:36:45

I use warm water and biological tablet mixed in. Then cover with bicarb and hoover up to get rid of smell.

IreallyKNOWiamright Wed 09-Nov-16 17:46:08

I wouldn't be without my carpet cleaner. They seem expensive at first but in the long run, it's cheaper than having someone in to clean the carpet and spending tons on vanish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now