Talk

Advanced search

Best mop

(7 Posts)
Iamabuyingbootsaddict Fri 04-Nov-16 20:52:55

I'm looking for a great mop as an alternative to buying a steam mop (the consensus on an earlier thread was unless prepared to spend a million pounds on one, generally they are all rubbish). This isn't a boast but I do have a large expanse of ceramic floor tiling to clean, this starts in the hall way from the front door, going through to the family room which is off the kitchen. Also do you use proper floor cleaner or just washing up liquid?? Never had this much space to clean before so my usual approach of on hands and knees with a soapy bowl of water and a J Cloth is not going to cut it.

wooooofudge Sat 05-Nov-16 15:51:38

I have an ecloth mop. You can use just hot water, that's what they recommend. I sometimes use some disinfectant. It leaves the floor pretty much dry. Hoover or sweep beforehand.

Years ago I read that washing up liquid leaves a film if you use it on floors, which actually attracts dirt.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 15:55:11

I use dissolved bio washing detergent to clean floors.

For a quick clean up I use an E cloth mop and a proper clean a traditional type Vileda mop and bucket.

Itsnottheendoftheworld Sat 05-Nov-16 16:00:01

Noodle mop. Spray with direct floor cleaner and noodle mop. Great for all floors. The dettol floor cleaner does not leave streaks and smells lovely. Also like zoflora diluted.

Iamabuyingbootsaddict Sat 05-Nov-16 21:42:26

Thanks for those suggestions, I'm off to the shops tomorrow for mop shopping.

goalesh Mon 07-Nov-16 07:58:19

I use this spray mop to clean my kitchen floor. This mops got a really powerful spray on it that makes cleaning my kitchen floor much easier.

For manual cleaning i use to use a Vileda mop but am too lazy to use that now lol.

shovetheholly Mon 07-Nov-16 08:07:32

I have had loads of problems with a spray mop. I didn't realise that the Flash spray stuff that comes out damages wood furniture. So now I have a coffee table where the bottom of each leg is bleached out!

I now use the Method floor cleaners (really easy to control where you put them) and a Leifheit mop with a removable, washable head.

www.amazon.co.uk/Leifheit-Replacement-Cover-Profi-Mop/dp/B0002TT0V4/ref=sr_1_26?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1478506038&sr=1-26&keywords=leifheit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now