Talk

Advanced search

Hand wash

(6 Posts)
didireallysaythat Fri 04-Nov-16 20:31:47

If I hand wash woollen and delicates using liquid soap flakes (probably in the bath), is giving them a spin in the washing g machine before flat drying them ok? Or is this going to cause the fabrics to bobble up ?

How did I get to this age not knowing to prevent bobbling ???

wombattoo Fri 04-Nov-16 20:37:18

I don't think the washing technique causes the bobbling does it? I thought that was just general wear. I wash our wollens in the machine on a delicate 30 wash using non bio liquid and gentle spin. Never noticed a problem with bobbling.

wooooofudge Fri 04-Nov-16 20:37:30

Does your machine have a hand wash programme? If so I would just use that on 30 degrees or below with a low spin speed.

wombattoo Fri 04-Nov-16 20:38:20

*woollens. Doh

didireallysaythat Fri 04-Nov-16 20:49:11

I've used the delicates cycle on 30 in the past - maybe I've just got fluffy woollen dresses. I just wasn't sure if this is the way to do it - but I've fallen for the soap manufacturers selling something special for machine hand washing perhaps ??

paxillin Sun 06-Nov-16 17:59:05

I wash them in the machine. Cold wash, inside out, baby shampoo instead of soap flakes (wool is hair, after all).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now