Dishwasher Advice

(6 Posts)
woodhill Sun 30-Oct-16 17:25:00

Our lovely Siemens dishwasher has broken (10 years old) and I think heater and timer gone.

Need to replace. Will probably buy another Siemens or Bosch from John Lewis but slightly concerned by the reviews.

The Siemens one has a cutlery tray rather than a basket, any thoughts?

May like a delicate cycle for dinner set occasionally.

They take a long time but I suspect our old one did

LifeIsGhoulish Sun 30-Oct-16 17:36:38

I have a Miele because (at the time) it was the only one that had a cutlery tray. I've lived with both sorts, and I vastly prefer having a cutlery tray.

I'm not bothered how long a cycle takes, because I generally set it running last thing before bed, and in the morning have clean dry dishes ready for breakfast.

LifeIsGhoulish Sun 30-Oct-16 17:43:36

It's also 10yo BTW and still working perfectly.

eastbenders Mon 31-Oct-16 07:17:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

shovetheholly Mon 31-Oct-16 09:10:23

Cutlery trays are awesome! I used to have a basket and I wouldn't look back. Before I got one, I thought it would be a right old faff, but actually it's brilliant and you can fit so much more in the body of the machine without a basket. I think I'm running my dishwasher less as a result.

I wouldn't buy Bosch. Had an awful experience with them when my relatively new dishwasher started to give me electric shocks. They didn't give a damn and their customer service is shocking. (John Lewis, on the other hand, were absolutely wonderful). I bit the bullet and got a Miele and it's definitely a step up in terms of how well it cleans.

woodhill Wed 02-Nov-16 21:02:00

Ordered the Siemens one from JL. Coming in a couple of days. Thank goodness. Hate washing up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now