First moths now silverfish!

(5 Posts)
ChishandFips33 Thu 27-Oct-16 09:39:25

Recently discovered moths in some (now binned) carpets that were left from previous owners - and have now spotted a silverfish in my pan cupboard (boy can they shift but I got it!)

I'm a slattern aren't I sad

Cupboard is on an outside wall, not near sink - what do I need to look for/do to stop them getting in?

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 27-Oct-16 15:56:46

Hi I get the odd one but less since we put in a new bathroom. Apparently the like dark, damp humid areas in the home. Also are attracted to starchy foods so if your storing food like bread for eg near the pan cupboard that will be an attraction. If you google this there is a lot of advice and you can pick what's easier for you to do

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 27-Oct-16 15:57:37

Ps your not a slattern smile

CuriosityDoor Thu 27-Oct-16 16:15:16

We used to have silverfish in our bathroom. I got this stuff, sprayed it around the edges of the room and not seen one since!

www.amazon.co.uk/Silverfish-Killer-Kills-GUARANTEED/dp/B015J0LAYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477581260&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=silverfish+killer&psc=1

ChishandFips33 Thu 27-Oct-16 21:16:34

Thanks for the advice/links - will empty everything out and send in DH to investigate/seal and fumigate!

I feel since we've moved here it's become a menagerie of pests - we've had rats, flies (linked to the rats demise!), moths and now silverfish...spiders aren't too bad - so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now