Talk

Advanced search

Non sweaty extra deep mattress protector – king size, waterproof

(5 Posts)
Ambivalence Thu 27-Oct-16 08:57:53

Does such a thing exist? That doesn’t cost a fortune? I found a 30 cm Sainsbury’s own brand one for £8 and thought I’d found a bargain but it’s 100% polyester and I’m waking up in a sweat so it needs to go. I need a cotton one I think, but one with a skirt on rather than straps holding it in place. I want waterproof as sometimes my daughter comes into my bed and I’m worried about her spilling milk onto my super heavy mattresses…Do I need waterproof for that or will a normal one cope - she's only 15 months so am still a bit concerned about her wetting herself in my bed eventually too...

If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear..

I’ve just bought a house and new furniture, and when buying the beds didn’t realise the extra deep mattresses I’d opted for would mean buying all new sheets as my existing sheets don’t fit (tip – managed to find some well-priced ones at M&S online – am collecting them today

HalloToJasonIsaacs Thu 27-Oct-16 09:07:34

I'd get a Hippychick waterproof sheet. They're more expensive but breathable and absolutely indestructible and they come fitted or flat in king sized.
www.hippychick.com/products/adults-mattress-protector-fitted-cotton
That's their website but they also sell on Amazon. There's also a newer Tencel version - not sure which is best.

Ambivalence Thu 27-Oct-16 12:34:07

these look good and they do a 30 cm deep one -thanks

hanban89 Thu 27-Oct-16 21:35:07

The fogarty ones are good. I also have bought extra deep ones from Christies that are great. More expensive but worth it:-)

MaxineQuordlepleen Thu 27-Oct-16 21:40:52

Can't remember the brand but we have breathable, waterproof bamboo ones and they are great. Ticks all your boxes, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now