Talk

Advanced search

Let's talk PANS!

(13 Posts)
delilahdoesthedishes Wed 26-Oct-16 20:32:24

Selling my yellow cast iron Le Creuset pans and going to get some new ones. But I've no idea what to look for. Any hints and tips for pots and pans? (Don't need frying pans)

KondoLisaNice Thu 27-Oct-16 06:10:57

I'm on the verge of buying a new set too. My criteria are; dishwasher proof, nice grippy non-metal handles, see through lids. I Will start by looking in the lovely new John Lewis. smile good luck

eastbenders Thu 27-Oct-16 07:15:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

idontlikealdi Thu 27-Oct-16 07:25:55

I got rid of my inherited le cruset set as they were just too bloody heavy and replaced with a set from M&S 12 years ago when I moved house. They were expensive but they've been fab and still going strong - heavy but not as heavy as the le cruset and non stick.

Tubbyinthehottub Thu 27-Oct-16 07:26:56

Le creuset stainless steel ones?

PyjamaInducedApathy Thu 27-Oct-16 07:29:59

Yes I've got the stainless steel ones. They're great

MairzyDoats Thu 27-Oct-16 07:32:49

Is there such a thing as non stick pans that don't eventually lose their non-stickiness?

If anyone is short on space, the tefal pans with detachable handles are amazing.
They can be used on the hob and in the oven, stack beautifully, will go in the dishwasher and some have Tupperware style lids so leftovers can go straight in the fridge without the need for another container.
And the quality of them has been very good so far, we've only had them two years but they still feel like new.

ChishandFips33 Thu 27-Oct-16 09:21:22

I've been most impressed with IKEA pans after someone on here recommended them

lifesuckssometimes Thu 27-Oct-16 09:26:15

Anodised pans are great. Had mine nearly three years and still impressed. After 35 years looking for the perfect pans.

shovetheholly Thu 27-Oct-16 12:36:53

I have a set of Le Creuset stainless steel. I would never in a million years buy pans that expensive, but they were a lovely present! They are superb in every way - they heat quickly and really regularly, and they are easy to clean in the dishwasher. Currently 20% off in John Lewis.

SnipSnipMrBurgess Thu 27-Oct-16 12:40:23

Are stainless steel the way to go for new pots? Ive been on the look out for new ones, but the stainless steel seem so thin and flimsy, Im afraid Ill burn a hole through it!

shovetheholly Thu 27-Oct-16 12:59:21

For me they are because they wash so well in the dishwasher, whereas non-stick tends to come off after a while.

Loads of pans (of all kinds) have multiple walls now. No chance of putting a hole in them without using some kind of white hot metalworking gear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now