Talk

Advanced search

How to clean Mould

(9 Posts)
thegunnersrule Mon 24-Oct-16 07:24:13

There some growing in our bathroom and i have no idea how to get rid of it. please help!

PissPotPourri Mon 24-Oct-16 07:25:48

I just use dettol mould and mildew remover. It does the job although I'm sure others will come along and tell me there are better, more environmentally friendly ways of doing it!

GandalfsWrinklyHat Mon 24-Oct-16 07:27:11

Removed black mould succesfully from grouting in our bathroom with white wine vinegar, bleached the bits that didn't clean off afterwards. No regrowth either. House smelled like a chil shop though!!! Worked better than ciff.

GandalfsWrinklyHat Mon 24-Oct-16 07:28:04

Chip shop I mean.

WordGetsAround Mon 24-Oct-16 07:30:48

Cilit Bang black mild remover. Spray, leave and rinse. It's brilliant!

flumpybear Mon 24-Oct-16 07:33:55

All those mould removers seem good. You cN try painting with mould resistant paint too but we've not had much success with that so we're going to buy a new extractor fan which works (low level) all the time and boosts when you turn the light on (like normal ones do)
How's your ventilation? Do you have trickle vents in your windows?

celeste83 Mon 24-Oct-16 11:37:49

Mould is a form of bacteria. Neat thick bleach will kill it. Prevention is the key though with good ventilation.

elongi Tue 25-Oct-16 11:37:50

When ever mould start appearing in our bathroom we give it a blast with HG mould cleaner this always does the trick.

SirChenjin Tue 25-Oct-16 11:40:07

HG Mould Spray - knocks the socks off everything else

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now