Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning routine ideas please?

(4 Posts)
StrongerThanIThought76 Sat 22-Oct-16 23:17:55

Hi all.

Desperately trying to become A Good Housewife (divorced, work full time, kids don't see dad) and am looking for some help in getting into some sort of domestic routine. Naturally I'm a bit of a -lazyarse- hoarder; not anywhere close to tv style hoarders, and I've taken on professional help to declutter and give everything I love and use a home, but I simply don't have a clue as to how to keep on top of it everyday.

I've just spent the whole day doing a huge list of jobs I've let slip since the summer and I'm determined not to keep spending all my days off playing catch-up.

3 bed semi, one bathroom, small garden/wilderness, 2 unwilling helpers. Please tell me there's a magical daily system I can download/tailor/pay for??

Thanks in advance x

MohammedLover Sun 23-Oct-16 09:07:49

Have you seen the Flylady website. A lot of ads for microfiber cloths but some helpful stuff.
I find keeping on top of the kitchen-washing up or filling the dishwasher each morning a good start.
I always look around for things to go back in their place up or downstairs so I'm not going empty handed.
Get the kids on board too, you are all responsible to help make a harmonious household work.
I find the touch it only once rule helps. So deal with "it" completely if you can in one go, open post and recycling/shreading straight away etc.

Dionysuss Sun 23-Oct-16 11:43:08

I found a weekly cleaning schedule in Pinterest. It helps me keep on top over everything. Each room has a 'deep clean' day, as well as tasks for the whole house, like dusting, wiping Windows etc. By the time each room rolls round the following week it's not too much effort to redo.

fromwesttoeast Sun 23-Oct-16 12:11:34

Try joining the October Fledgling thread. We are all trying to follow the Fly Lady routines, but fitting it to suit our individual lives and circumstances.
I'm overwhelmed with work most of the time and really struggle to get on top of any house stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now