Talk

Advanced search

Anyone buy Emma Bridgewater seconds? Love her mugs so much

(7 Posts)
indiana7 Thu 20-Oct-16 09:35:09

HI, we have bought a new home & although money is tight I always pictured my kitchen with Emma Bridgewater 1/2 pint mugs. Love the bird & animal designs. I saw she sells seconds on her website for 12.95, the 1/2 pint mugs are usually 19.95 & I'm wondering if I should just get the seconds. If any of you have bought her seconds are the flaws very obvious?
Also is there any sites that sell cheap Emma Bridgewater, I know there are alternative pottery designers but I just adore Emma Bridgewater & think my tea tastes so much better from one of her cups!!

Nanasueathome Thu 20-Oct-16 09:37:28

All of my crockery is Emma Bridgewater
Sometimes I buy seconds, sometimes not
If you sign up for the website there are often offers as well
Really cannot see any difference with the seconds quality

FireflyGirl Thu 20-Oct-16 10:33:29

Emma Bridgewater stuff comes up every year on the christmas bargain thread. Modt people have said they can't tell with the seconds, but it might be worth a quick post on there asking people to PM you if ypu don't get many replies on here. Can't remember if there's an offer on at the moment, or if it has just finished.

TeaAndCake Thu 20-Oct-16 10:40:31

We've got loads of EB seconds but usually buy them at the factory shop in Stoke on Trent (which is amazing!) and is a great excuse for a day out. There is also a fabulous café, paint your own piece studio and a chance to go on the factory tour (also amazing), but you definitely need to book in advance for the tour.

When you order things online you just get the next one on the pile without being able to examine it and choose.
That said, the flaws are pretty small and insignificant (sometimes you can't even find them!)

I did once order some side plates online and a couple of them had noticeable flaws but not terribly bothered about that and use them just the same.

indiana7 Sun 23-Oct-16 22:08:41

Ordered 2 mugs off Amazon there, a turtle dove & owl one, so excited to get my collection started! I live in Ireland & the EB site converted the 12.95 seconds mug to 20 euro when it should have been closer to 15 & was charging 15 euro p&p!!!! Much cheaper to have bought on amazon. Think I'll stick to the bird mugs even though the animal ones are lovely toosmile

Floweringcactus Tue 25-Oct-16 08:47:56

Tk Maxx sometimes has them.

indiana7 Wed 26-Oct-16 19:21:42

Thanks, I have been checking Tk maxx recently but no luck yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now