Talk

Advanced search

Your prefered room freshner

(16 Posts)
KatieJ43 Tue 18-Oct-16 11:14:47

Hi all,

I'm on a mission to find the best room freshener.
I'm not looking for candles and not really keen on the plug in freshners.
Which one would you recommend?
I also need one for some kitchen cupboards - may sound odd but there's one I keep some plastic stuff in and tends to get smelly.

Thank you!

kimlo Tue 18-Oct-16 11:20:29

Ive got one that sprays out occasionally, but if you dont like plugins you probably wont like that. I also like the airwick air and fabric stuff in linen.

I find that a cloth with zoflora on over a radiator smells lovely.

The pound shop had airfreshners that you stick to the top of bin lids, they might work stuck to the doors of your cubards.

dalmatianmad Tue 18-Oct-16 14:56:39

Windows open as much as possible!

Yawnyawnallday Tue 18-Oct-16 15:01:48

Open windows. But if I lived somewhere with a lot of pollution probably zoflora.

PhoenixJasmine Tue 18-Oct-16 15:04:12

Open windows
Essential oil burner/diffuser
Lemon halves packed with bicarb to soak up nasty smells (or just little pots of bicarb)

KalamataNostrils Tue 18-Oct-16 15:22:27

I picked up some reduced Beefayre room diffusers from TK maxx a while ago, they smell absolutely gorgeous, and not too over powering. I burn essential oils too. In my wiffy cupboards I have half a cup of bicarb , it does the trick.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 18-Oct-16 15:36:38

I put one of those neutradol pots inside a musty window seat and it took the musty smell away really well.

Blu Tue 18-Oct-16 16:00:21

I can't bear going into houses that have any artificial scent, they are all rank, and an irritant .

Cup of bicarbonate , open windows, or maybe just a neutridiol.

RiverTam Tue 18-Oct-16 16:05:18

Fresh air.

All room fresheners, however 'natural' are really headache inducing.

Yawnyawnallday Tue 18-Oct-16 16:24:07

Cup of bicarbonate good in cupboards, op.

e1y1 Tue 18-Oct-16 16:56:14

I use a mix of plug-ins, candles, and room sprays. However, they are only on for a few hours when it needs "freshening up", most of the time my house smells of nothing.

For a cupboard, I agree with yawn only use bicarbonate of soda. Plastic actually absorbs smells, so if something artificial is used, then the plastics will absorb it and will start to smell of the artificial freshener - that's why with some dishwasher detergents, it can make your Tupperware etc taste/smell perfumey.

PickAChew Tue 18-Oct-16 16:59:14

Opening a window or turning on the ioniser.

Air fresheners make me quite ill.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 18-Oct-16 17:01:15

I like the reed diffusers. There are some lovely ones in Next. A bit pricey, but they seem to last for ages.
I find it bloody freezing to have windows open at this time of year grin.

sajealmost Tue 18-Oct-16 17:25:35

I really like air wicks summer delight wax melts. It's a lovely smell and makes you feel really relaxed cosy.

FrancisCrawford Thu 20-Oct-16 09:30:55

I dilute zoflora in a spray bottle and use this to damp dust.
You can also spray this onto fabric and carpets to freshen them, and use it as an air freshener.

Windows and doors open throughout house to freshen things (needed to be for long, but it does make a huge difference.

Wash dusters by hand, add few drops of zoflora to final rinse, then sting out and leave on radiator to dry will freshen the whole room.

I'm rather partial to zoflora

Ollycat Thu 20-Oct-16 09:32:46

Open the window.

Can't stand artificial smells - nothing smells fresher then fresh air!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now