Talk

Advanced search

If you have a Dyson...

(4 Posts)
itlypocerka Mon 17-Oct-16 19:05:11

Not sure if all Dysons have this instruction. Mine is an animal ball dc39 I think.

When I bought it, there was an instruction to say that the filter sponge in the centre of the cylinder bit should be taken out and rinsed under running water once a month.

Now I'm not house proud and I probably only hoover about once a month on average. So I assumed that the once a month probably applied if you were using the hoover a few times a week and that once a year would be fine for my slovenly habits.

So a year on, I have dutifully taken it out and rinsed it but 2 days later the bugger still feels really wet - it will be days before it's dry.

Do you bother? And if you're the kind of person who likes to hoover every day, do you therefore just live without hoovering for a week each month?

AppleMagic Mon 17-Oct-16 19:08:44

I wring them out and leave to dry on the window sill. They always dried in 24hrs. I've never done them monthly though!

Emochild Mon 17-Oct-16 19:11:09

I sit mine on the radiator or in the conservatory if its summer when I remember to wash it about 4 times in 10 years

changingnameforthispost Mon 17-Oct-16 19:14:13

I've got one, and the one in the roller ball only gets done once maybe twice a year for that same reason. It's also really hard to get back in.
To be honest I've not noticed the difference after it's been rinsed, although I do notice when the ordinary spongey one has been done, about every 3 months.
I suspect Mr Dyson never actually uses the equipment he designs,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now