We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to clean stainless steel cooker hood?

(14 Posts)
goalsandgoblins Fri 14-Oct-16 09:03:18

Hi,

I'm just after some hints/tips on how to clean my stainless steel cooker hood. I noticed the other day just how filthy it is but so far everything i've used to clean it just leaves it all streaky so that it still looks dirty.

Any product suggestions (the more natural the better ) would be great.

Thanks in advance.

proudmums Fri 14-Oct-16 09:29:00

I've used many different cleaners in the past for my stainless steel cooker and i know what you mean when you say, it leaves streaky marks. The one cleaner i found that helped me was by Wellco and you can purchase it here

PurpleCrazyHorse Fri 14-Oct-16 09:32:45

I clean our stainless steel bin with WD40

User568945 Fri 14-Oct-16 09:34:37

A really light coating of baby oil definitely helps.

MargotLovedTom Fri 14-Oct-16 09:35:14

I'm sure I've read something about cleaning it with oil (olive oil or similar- not engine oil wink).

MargotLovedTom Fri 14-Oct-16 09:35:59

X with user ^

SpeckledyBanana Fri 14-Oct-16 09:37:02

Baby oil on kitchen towels.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 14-Oct-16 09:39:56

Cillit bang grease and sparkle (green bottle), then wipe with damp cloth, then stainless steel shiner or window cleaner.
Cillit bang grease spray is the absolute King, smells rank, wear gloves, but it literally cuts through the kitchen dust/grease combo in seconds

FrickOnAStick Fri 14-Oct-16 10:42:50

I use spray sugar soap. Works a treat.

Justtrying Fri 14-Oct-16 10:53:18

Hot water with a drop of bleach, rinse and dry well then polish with baby oil on kitchen roll, works a treat. Also works on brushed stainless oven front.

Scribblegirl Fri 14-Oct-16 11:05:12

I use a microfibre cloth on mine.

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 14-Oct-16 14:34:01

Another one for sugar soap here. I also buff ss up with window cleaner. Not used it on brushed steel though so don't know what it's like

unlucky83 Fri 14-Oct-16 14:37:30

I use a cloth dipped in bicarb to get rid of grease then a wipe over with washing up liquid/rinse then dry...
I think the easiest thing to is to wipe it down every day with a damp microfibre cloth then dry it with another one. Only if I haven't done it for a few days do I get the bicarb out...

hairymuffet Sat 22-Oct-16 18:37:39

Stardrops in hot water with microfibre cloth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now