Talk

Advanced search

Storage boxes with lids, suitable for IKEA kallax/expedit?

(10 Posts)
SpotTheDuck Tue 11-Oct-16 17:22:51

Almost all our storage is kallax/expedit, and we've been using the drona fabric boxes (they have no kids).

Unfortunately I've just realised we have a terrible mouse problem and they can clearly climb up the back of all our shelves and get into the boxes. Everything is being washed/cleaned - with a toddler and another on the way mouse poo in all our storage is not ok!

Can anybody recommend storage boxes (plastic/cardboard) that have lids so the mice can't get in? Obviously we'll also call exterminators but I need a quick solution to keep clothes and toys clean while they sort it out!

justabigdisco Tue 11-Oct-16 17:24:48

IKEA sell cardboard ones that fit I think

sonias27 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:30:34

You pick up some plastic storage boxes from here

SpotTheDuck Tue 11-Oct-16 18:10:35

The IKEA ones (tjena) have holes in both sides for carrying so I think mice could still get in

I'm going through the descriptions on Amazon but so far not finding plastic boxes that are the right size for kallax

Letmesleepalready Tue 11-Oct-16 18:57:06

You won't want cardboard ones, the mice will get straight through them! Might be worth going to b and m or wilko with a tape measure. Some of the really useful boxes might be the right size?

SpotTheDuck Tue 11-Oct-16 19:07:47

Oh gosh can they really eat cardboard? Will look at plastic....

Letmesleepalready Tue 11-Oct-16 20:26:14

They basically can eat anything, but yes, cardboard is v easy for them! I'd buy a mouse trap or two too.

SpotTheDuck Wed 12-Oct-16 08:05:14

Yes lots of mouse traps being delivered today! Spoke to a neighbour though and she says the whole building has mice so even if we get some they're just going to come back in sad

horizontilting Wed 12-Oct-16 08:52:32

We use these:

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/storage-boxes-baskets/samla-box-transparent-art-40102978/

2 of them stacked with lids fit in one section of an expedit.

The larger deeper size also fits, I would think it fits with the lid but haven't used a lid with that one. Ours came in black. V sturdy and the way they stack on the lid of the box beneath is quite good. Also - I bung them in the dishwasher when need be.

SpotTheDuck Thu 13-Oct-16 17:09:53

Thanks those are perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now