dishwasher help please

(6 Posts)
cafenoirbiscuit Tue 04-Oct-16 10:16:54

Morning all. My Bosch dishwasher is playing up and I wonder if anyone has any advice or practical tips.
For the past couple of weeks, things have been speckled with bits of grit when the cycle finishes. I usually only use the hottest cycle in the hope it will wash stuff properly, but to no avail. This morning, all of the glasses and cutlery were white, and I've had to spend a miserable half an hour handwashing and scrubbing everything.
The rinse aid is full, the salt is full, I've run a Finish cleaner through it, I've taken the twirling arms off and poked any crap out of them, and have tested that they are clear. And all to no avail. I know it heats up properly, but sometimes the dishwasher powder is still a solid lump when the machine is finished. Not always though, this morning it was all gone.
Anyone got any ideas how I can get it to work again? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Mcchickenbb41 Tue 04-Oct-16 13:12:43

Hi it could be something mechanical but firstly have you cleaned the filter ? Also check the pipe work isn't tangled up. Instead of using powder ( are you using too much btw) try swapping to tablet just to rule it out. Fairy platinum are brilliant. Can be expensive but usually on offer. Also try googling the problem I google everything and lastly there may be a utube trouble shooting video. Hot point have YouTube tutorials so it's worth a look. Rule all this out especially twisted pipes. Hope that helps

Mcchickenbb41 Tue 04-Oct-16 13:15:40

Oh and check the hard water setting if you have.

CointreauVersial Tue 04-Oct-16 13:19:38

Mine does this when the filter is dirty. Fish it out from the base and wash it with lots of soapy water. This should be done at least weekly.

If the tablet doesn't dissolve it's likely it is catching on something and not dropping into the base when it's supposed to. Check the dispenser flap is opening and there's no overhanging crockery in the way.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 04-Oct-16 13:22:21

If you google the model number you may be able to find a troubleshooting guide online.

The only thing no-one has mentioned is the pump, I've had to clear mine out a couple of times when something was stuck in it, but I'm not sure it would cause the symptoms you describe. Maybe it's not always getting enough water in for some reason (eg the twisted pipes mentioned by PP)

cafenoirbiscuit Tue 04-Oct-16 14:30:16

Thanks all - the dishwasher is an integral one - how would I get to the pipes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now