Talk

Advanced search

Really greasy tea towels

(5 Posts)
GrubbyWindows Mon 03-Oct-16 21:23:46

DP has used some tea towels to drain fried food on, as we don't keep paper kitchen towels. I have only realised because the dryer smells like a chippy.
Argh! About 5 tea towels (including 2 I am quite sentimental about) are stiff with grease, despite just having has a wash at 60. What do I dooooooo?????
Have I wrecked the dryer? Will it burst into flames? And will the tea towels ever come clean? And if so, how????
Heeelp!!!

LowDudgeon Mon 03-Oct-16 21:34:33

I would soak them for a few hours in very hot water with a lot of washing up liquid, then wash at 40 in bio detergent.

(With very greasy oven gloves I put neat washing up liquid on the greasy bits, let it soak in for ages, & then scrub them with a bit of hot water before washing in machine)

It will come out eventually, honest grin

VioletRoller Mon 03-Oct-16 21:36:33

I second washing up liquid. I use fairy on anything greasy. smile
Soaking in Astonish paste works well too, for the brushes I use to clean greasy things with...

GrubbyWindows Tue 04-Oct-16 09:49:09

Thank you Violey and Low!
I have soaked them overnight with loads of washing up liquid (and in the meantime re-washed the rest of the load). Helpfully we had a wet bed overnight, so that's washing at the moment- tea towels of doom going in next...

GrubbyWindows Tue 04-Oct-16 09:49:20

Thank you Violey and Low!
I have soaked them overnight with loads of washing up liquid (and in the meantime re-washed the rest of the load). Helpfully we had a wet bed overnight, so that's washing at the moment- tea towels of doom going in next...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now