Talk

Advanced search

Stubborn mark or scratch on new induction hob?

(12 Posts)
ilovetosleep Sun 02-Oct-16 17:46:20

The lovely new kitchen is only a month old. We cooked pancakes this morning and now have his stubborn mark on the glass under where the pan was. It feels like there is someho g there but it's almost completely flush with the glass. I have tried Hg grease away, fairy power spray, a glass microfibres cloth, hot water and fairy, nothing is shifting it. Is it irreparable? Feeling very depressed about it!have attached a pic. Any ideas?

sparkleglitterdaisy Sun 02-Oct-16 17:51:56

Wow , that's awful . My induction still looks brand new after 18mths. What make is it ? Can you email the picture to their customer service ? What sort of pans are you using ? Only a few of ours were suitable when we swapped , had to buy several new ones .

ilovetosleep Sun 02-Oct-16 17:58:09

It's a Siemens. Am using the pans they gave me free with it!

ACatastrophicMisintepretation Sun 02-Oct-16 18:04:48

I've got no advice other than to suggest using wd40 on it? That shit gets everything off!

ilovetosleep Sun 02-Oct-16 18:05:29

I think I might email Siemens first! So no one has ever seen anything like this on their hob?

wowfudge Mon 03-Oct-16 07:06:11

Have a look at the bottom of the pan you used. Is it still pristine or is some of the pan coating which is stuck to the hob?

sonias27 Mon 03-Oct-16 08:26:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ilovetosleep Mon 03-Oct-16 11:53:51

The pan is still looking like new. I'll call Siemens today and order one of those cleaning kits. I have spoken to hundreds of people with induction hobs and not one has come across anything like this!

brodchengretchen Mon 03-Oct-16 12:15:44

If you can't use the scraper then white spirit might do it. It won't harm the glass.

TerriB84 Mon 03-Oct-16 13:59:49

We got a small scratch on our induction hob the first time we used it. Didn't realise the new pans we had bought specially (old ones not induction compatible) did not have a completely smooth surface on the bottom. No advise on removing existing scratch but now we always cook with a sheet of kitchen towel between pan and hob to protect from further scratches.

ilovetosleep Mon 03-Oct-16 14:03:31

I'm convinced its not a scratch - if you look at the pic there are some black lines in it almost as it I've scraped through the grease somehow - but its almost like its so burnt on it's fused with the glass? Anyway I spoke to siemens and they are sending me a scraper and cleaning fluid free of charge so fingers crossed that will do the trick.

Dietcoke0704 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:11:34

I know this is an old post but the same as happened to my week old induction hob after cooking pancakes tonight. I've ordered the neff cleaning stuff but just wondering what happened with your hob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now