Talk

Advanced search

Vinyl Kitchen Floor

(6 Posts)
OLIVEBRANCH Tue 06-Feb-07 13:40:27

I have a vinyl kitchen floor. It wasn't cheap but I really regret having it. It's white squares with black diamonds in each corner. No matter what I use I cannot get it to look white and clean. Other than throwing a whole bottle of bleach on it - which I won't I don't know what else to do. Has anyone got any advice??

QPootle Wed 07-Feb-07 13:10:50

I have a vinyl bathroom floor Olivebranch, also black and white, and it drives me round the effing bend. Live in very dusty house with tons of floorboards and it shows/collects the dust within minutes of me cleaning it. Have used babywipes sucessfully on rusty stains, with a little elbow grease of course.

OLIVEBRANCH Fri 09-Feb-07 12:32:33

Qpootle you have my sympathy!! being the kitchen floor in my house it is constantly trampled on not to mention my husband letting the dog in from the garden with muddy feet...I count to 10!!! I've tried floor cleaners but none seem to give it that I'M CLEAN look. I'm at my wits end, when I replace it, it will be with hard floor tiles and definitely not white.

nannynick Thu 12-Apr-07 16:19:42

Just had my bathroom floor laid, it is White Squares with Black Diamonds. Oh how I wish I'd seen this thread before.

So, is there a soluition to keeping it clean?
What can be use, and what can't be used on vinyl?

AmyM81 Tue 31-May-11 13:50:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

GeneralissimoVonBobbington Thu 02-Jun-11 21:55:01

I had a lovely modern flower print in grey on a White background. Never looked clean from the moment it went down. Even if I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed, it looked dirty and grey. Never again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: