Talk

Advanced search

Amazing trick to clean ink out of leather

(7 Posts)
shovetheholly Fri 30-Sep-16 15:48:43

I just had a ballpoint pen leak all over my lovely, light-coloured office chair.

Tried to wipe it up, but there was no way an ordinary household wipe was any match for it.

So I went online and read that hairspray or nail polish remover might get it out. Tried hairspray, which removed about 80% of the stain very easily - the nail polish remover quickly got rid of the remaining 20%. I'll Urad the chair once it's dry. But really chuffed that it worked! smile

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Sep-16 15:53:35

Awesome! I've hit biro on my new purse. I'll give the nail polish remover a try.

e1y1 Fri 30-Sep-16 16:23:41

Perfume and aftershave work great too - think it's the alcohol content.

shovetheholly Fri 30-Sep-16 16:25:32

Strangely, the hairspray and the nail polish remover seemed to tackle different elements of the stain. The hairspray got rid of a lot of it and turned it from blue to pink - the nail polish remover got rid of the pink.

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Sep-16 18:01:16

I shall try all these things. I have booze, but not hairspray. I'll get some from my well coiffed friend.

shovetheholly Mon 03-Oct-16 11:21:09

Mine's from Aldi!! grin I used it once in a fit of 'I must get my hair looking nice'. Now it'll just be used for cleaning forevermore!

MargotLovedTom Mon 03-Oct-16 11:23:07

Those magic eraser sponges are great at removing ink too, although I must say I've never tried it on leather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now