Best house air freshner/home fragrance?

(26 Posts)
qwerty871 Wed 28-Sep-16 14:11:34

OMG there are so many on the market.. plug-in In ones, sense and spray types or just those febreeze blocks with inserts that you stand somewhere that you want to smell nice . It's a minefield! What, if any do you guys use? X

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 28-Sep-16 19:53:11

I don't like the plug in ones or febreeze. They're too artificial smelling and give me a headache.

A nice candle or diffuser will do the job.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 28-Sep-16 19:55:15

I got some gorgeous diffusers from asda. They were only about £3 but I can't find them in my local asda anymore.

Currently using a wax lyrical one called "day at the spa". I love it. Can't cope with air wicks. Horrible smelling things.

WhoisLucasHood Wed 28-Sep-16 19:59:24

Clean the kitchen and bathroom with watered down Zoflora and I use Yankee Candle wax tarts (the big candles are too expensive for me) in a pound land oil warmer. I don't like plug ins.

crazydaisies Wed 28-Sep-16 21:20:00

I like the diffusers by Branche d'Olive. Currently using 'Cloud' and 'Feather' in a couple of rooms.

shovetheholly Thu 29-Sep-16 08:02:36

TK Maxx do some expensive candles and diffusers really cheap.

I like Neom room spray. Smells gorgeous, and you can apply what you want, when you want.

user1475132199 Thu 29-Sep-16 08:12:00

For me it's gotta be Airwicks summer delight it leaves our house smelling lovely.

TemporarilyLost Thu 29-Sep-16 08:45:32

Soak a cotton wool ball in your favourite smelling essential oil or strong pafum (doesn't work with eau de toilet) and stick in in the park of your vacuum that blows warm air out. It gently fragrances as you clean.

Greyboot Fri 30-Sep-16 19:41:52

I use airwick reed diffusers, good value and lasting (non sickly) aroma.

Banananananana Sat 01-Oct-16 10:27:18

I'll get shot down for this but nothing smells quite as lovely as my Jo Malone diffuser. Ridiculously expensive but the fragrance lasts FOREVER. I actually find it better value than buying several cheaper diffusers. I've had my current one for nearly three months now and in the past week two people have commented on how nice it smells.

I would avoid plug ins...we rented a holiday house which was full of them and I had a headache within half an hour. I went round hunting them out and switching them all off.

Zoflora is an excellent disinfectant and the linen one smells lovely. Can be used for anything. Remember it's not a cleaner; it needs to be mixed with something to clean properly.

Flash with Febreze also smells amazing. I put a splash in my washing up bowl and add hot water. The steam makes my kitchen smell fab.

ShmooBooMoo Sat 01-Oct-16 10:29:33

Noem diffusers (on the dear side but gorgeous and lasting, and you're not breathing crap in!)

JenLindleyShitMom Sat 01-Oct-16 10:58:21

banananana which Jo Malone one do you have?

OCSockOrphanage Sat 01-Oct-16 14:20:19

St Eval candles Rosemary & Bay reed diffusers. Lovely, clean, herbal.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 01-Oct-16 15:19:45

Rituals Lotus Secret is lovely.
Candles and diffusers.
Sodding M&S sell Rituals but not Lotus Secret. Grrr!!!

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 01-Oct-16 15:23:09

opening the windows regularly and kerping the place clean.
artificial air perfumes ard not good for you at all and actually have a health warning on the pack.

crazydaisies Sat 01-Oct-16 19:12:45

PinkSwim does that apply to reed diffusers?

Banananananana Sat 01-Oct-16 23:54:45

jen I have pomegranate noir.

FinallyHere Sat 01-Oct-16 23:58:13

Ummm, just make sure your house is clean, and you won't need to mask any odours. Result.

EmilySunshine Sun 02-Oct-16 03:34:00

i don't like plug ins. i use spray. Oust. it works

EmilySunshine Sun 02-Oct-16 03:35:08

this might sound stupid but how do i get mould out of a shower curtain?

HexBramble Sun 02-Oct-16 07:54:44

Emily you could run it through a hot wash with some bleach, but I'd bin it and buy a new one.

bimbobaggins Sun 02-Oct-16 18:54:54

I make sure my house is clean but it still smells a but musty and I suspect it's from all the shoes and football boots in my under stairs cupboard if anyone has any suggestions for that

Banananananana Sun 02-Oct-16 21:35:33

'Smells' in a house do not necessarily indicate a lack of cleanliness.

My house is pretty spotless and doesn't smell, yet I still love a bit of Jo Malone and Zoflora (not together hmm) to make it smell naice.

JenLindleyShitMom Mon 03-Oct-16 09:01:39

jen I have pomegranate noir.

Thanks banananana

Polkadot1974 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:52:49

Our house is old and I feel like it never smells nice unless literally freshly cleaned but wears off v quickly. Id like to rip the house back to brick, re-plaster and all new woodwork as lady before us had many dogs and it was minging when we moved in and I think that's to blame

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now