Chocolate fountain stains

(4 Posts)
Janek Mon 26-Sep-16 12:16:38

We went to wedding a couple of weeks ago, where the dds both enjoyed the chocolate fountain. They both managed to get chocolate down their (new, pretty) dresses.

I was aware how much oil goes into a chocolate fountain, so rubbed the marks with soap before washing (on a gentle, 30 degree wash), but there are still chocolate stains (i don't think they are greasy however). Is there anything i can do, or are they destined to have stained dresses forever?

MrsHathaway Mon 26-Sep-16 12:20:16

I'm generally of the opinion that a stain will only come out in the first wash, so you'd be stuffed now, despite your care.

However, sunshine is always worth a try for organic stains. Um, whereabouts do you live? Might need to keep them a few weeks for a good sunny day and then give them all day on the line in direct sunlight.

Janek Mon 26-Sep-16 16:28:51

Yes, i am also of that opinion, although i suspect the marks may fade with time (and no one is bothered they are there except me), i will give sunshine a go if i ever get the chance! Thanks!

user1474922142 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:55:04

This multipurpose stain remover would be the ideal thing to use on the dress before washing it again. This will hopefully get rid of it without damaging the dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now