This afternoon I will be brave and venture into the loft!

(5 Posts)
kansasmum Sat 10-Sep-16 08:46:08

Omg it's hideous! There is so much crap in there. I'm sure there are boxes in there we shipped back from the USA and never openedblush
Dd is coming to help me! We have the rural skip coming in 2 weeks so thought this would be good time to clear it out!
If you don't hear from me by this evening please send rescue squad!
I might be brave and post before and after pics later!!

pinkieandperkie Sat 10-Sep-16 08:56:53

Good luck. We did the same a couple of years ago. It was hideous. It took us three days to go through years and years of stuff. I was very brutal. Now I have a pretty clear loft and you can actually walk about up there and find what you need. It was a real trip down memory lanesmile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:57:07

With the exception of baby keepsakes I think if you can put it in the loft it should be binned.

kansasmum Sat 10-Sep-16 18:59:54

God I've been ruthless! Chucked tons! Only things that went back were tax returns, photos and an old Mac computer!
There are several bags of outgrown kids clothes still to sort but otherwise it's done. Why we just shoved the stuff up there instead on binning it, I really don't know!!
Photos below show trash( floor pile), donate ( books, lamp etc on bed) and keep ( yellow crate and other small pile!!)
We can walk around up there now!!

kansasmum Sat 10-Sep-16 19:01:52

The trash pile actually was a LOT bigger than photo shows! It spilled onto the landing too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now