Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning venetian blinds.

(7 Posts)
pinkieandperkie Sat 10-Sep-16 08:30:58

My ds has a high gloss black venetian blind in his room and it's so dusty. I wiped over with a duster but still looks bad. I put the brush end bit on the Hoover and tried to Hoover it but the slats kept sucking into Hoover. Any tips for super easy lazy person cleaning. I had one of those fluffy slot blind cleaners a few years back but I didn't get on with it and it broke second use. Thank you all.

kansasmum Sun 11-Sep-16 21:34:40

I stupidly have gloss wooden black Venetian blinds in my kitchen & they are a bugger to clean.
I use star drops cleaner in warm water and a microfibre cloth and scrub each slat then dry with another microfibre cloth.
Takes ages so most of the time I keep the blinds pulled up and avoid cleaning them!!

pinkieandperkie Mon 12-Sep-16 12:28:11

Thanks Kansas, I was worried that your method was the only way! I did this once before and it took forever. Oh well I had better just deal with it (or get a new one).

TollgateDebs Mon 12-Sep-16 15:49:11

Try a fluffy sock on your hand to get dust off, then Star Drops (love it!) and then a light spray of window / glass cleaner on another fluffy sock.

HeyMacWey Mon 12-Sep-16 15:51:17

Unclipped then and clean them in the shower.

Whitecovers Mon 12-Sep-16 15:52:57

Ds has them in his bedroom, I pull the blinds so they are shut then use the circular brush on the Hoover to do each slat either side to side or up and down.

mysterywoman22 Wed 14-Sep-16 00:21:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now