Help with stains in clothes please

(7 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Mon 05-Sep-16 13:49:48

Since you're all so full of tricks and tips for cleaning stuff (seriously you should see my oven door after the magic eraser) I need some help with some stains in DD's clothes.

I tend to buy her organic cotton stuff because her skin reacts to everything! So she wore a could of dresses this week and both have stained after a wash with a non bio powder.
One stain in blackberries and one is tomato pasta sauce. How can I get them out?

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 05-Sep-16 13:51:41

Imperial Leather bar soap. It's amazing for stains! I'm in Canada now and pay a small fortune for it at the local expat store.

Felyne Mon 05-Sep-16 13:51:58

Tomato sauce should bleach out if you hang it in the sun. Blackberry might too but I'm not sure.
(Otherwise, get lots of blackberries, mash up, and dye the dress purple?)

Titsalinabumsquash Mon 05-Sep-16 13:56:52

I'll try sun, I don't know why I didn't think of that since I use that method to bleach all her nappies! If not I'll pop into £ land and get some imperial leather soap. Thanks! smile

daisydalrymple Mon 05-Sep-16 14:01:58

I actually find that with some food stains if you get to them quickly enough, then a good dollop of fairy liquid straight into the stain, followed by a soak and wash in a bowl of fairy bubbles works well.

For older stains, I'd go with a bar of vanish, followed by a soak in a bowl of vanish and a scoop of vanish in with the wash. We have eczema in all three dcs so I feel your pain re skin issues. You'd probably have to either run an extra rinse cycle, or then rewash with just non bio. And yes, as pp says above, a day hanging on the line facing the sun to dry works wonders.

PestoSwimissimos Mon 05-Sep-16 14:02:32

You just need this

Vanish soap bar

wallybrains Mon 05-Sep-16 22:03:03

I would also recommend the Vanish Soap Bar as others have suggested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now