Talk

Advanced search

Pink Vaseline in carpet??

(5 Posts)
Popskipiekin Sun 04-Sep-16 21:12:50

Help! Toddler DS managed to get hold of a little pot of pink tinted Vaseline (silly me putting it within reach) and has had a lot of fun on our pale bedroom carpet, sadly right in front of the door so I can't sling a rug over it and forget about it grin. How do I get rid of the large splotchy pink stains? I've already tried normal vanish carpet remover, also followed lots of online tips which said to apply rubbing alcohol but the carpet is still pink. I think it's the dye that is the problem now, not the jelly. Any ideas? Many thanks!

Noodledoodle123 Sun 04-Sep-16 21:45:06

Lemon juice got it out of my hair once.

roseteapot101 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:05:50

similar thing happend to me ,my daughters aveeno was on a hanging door organiser on the bathroom door which is next to her room.She managed to climb on top of something to grab it

i used baby wipes but i think vaseline a greasy substance to unsure maybe trying spraying with vaish before scrubbing with baby wipes

MrSlant Sun 04-Sep-16 22:07:30

Old fashioned tip but have you tried brown paper over the stain then iron over the brown paper <sounds like someone from the 50's>.

Popskipiekin Sun 04-Sep-16 22:30:06

Super, thank you everyone. Yes lemon juice is a brilliant cure-all, isn't it, and a natural bleach? Tbh slightly bleached patches would look a heck of a lot better than current appearance. I'll try it all! Off to get brown paper tomorrow. 50s housewives knew their stuff. roseteapot the ability of small children to grab hold of just the very thing you wish they wouldn't never ceases to astound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now