Talk

Advanced search

Robot vacuum cleaner

(8 Posts)
pspc Thu 01-Sep-16 18:37:34

Do any of you have one of those robot vaccum cleaners? Do these work on carpets? I'm thinking about buying the vileda one but I wanted to hear from someone who actually owns a robot vaccum cleaner before I buy it.

weirdobeach Fri 02-Sep-16 13:56:08

I brought a Vileda robot vacuum cleaner and it's really good. Mine works on all my carpets without any major problems. In terms of well it cleans i don't think it will ever match up with a proper hoover but for the price and for what it does you can't really go wrong.

ArnoldRimmerBSc Fri 02-Sep-16 16:30:09

We have this one www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B014J7N1KA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472829725&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=neato&dpPl=1&dpID=417oHoi1xPL&ref=plSrch
It's amazing! I use it every day and it has made a huge difference. I only need to do a proper hoover once a week now.

The one I have picks up really well - I have a hairy dog and it is excellent at picking up pet hair.

SavoyCabbage Fri 02-Sep-16 16:38:56

We've just got one. A roomba. It was £180. It's absolutely brilliant. It's made such a difference. We couldn't believe it, especially as we have a really good Miele vacuum so it's not like we were using a rubbish one before. The roomba is just so thorough.

We've got carpet and laminate. And a dog.

pspc Fri 02-Sep-16 20:49:31

Oh! Brilliant! I don't have pets but I have long black hair and I'm the equivalent of several dogs shedding lol! So loads of long black hairs on cream carpets...you get the picture...I'm going to buy one definitely!

pspc Fri 02-Sep-16 20:50:51

Savoycabbage Wow how did you get a Roomba for £180? That's an amazing price!

SavoyCabbage Fri 02-Sep-16 20:57:58

http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/roomba605/irobot-roomba605

It's this one. Dh went into the shop in person and got it for £180.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 03-Sep-16 13:45:17

I got a roomba, online from appliances direct and paid more than that! Their service was great though, the model I ordered went out of stock and they went me a better one! But anyway, I love my roomba. I actually think it's made a big difference to my quality of life because the whole place feels brighter with cleaner floors. I have 2 cats and a dog, carpets everywhere and laminate in kitchen and bathroom, it copes with all the hair no problem at all. I set it every morning downstairs, and 2-3 times a week upstairs. If you have long hair be sure to clear the rollers after each use as they will get tangled up.
I only do additional hoovering once a week max, corners, stairs and behind the chair where the cat sits because Ronnie (the roomba) can't get down there. I might do stairs more often if I had a cordless vacuum as well.....worried I might have be developing a vacuum habit though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now