Talk

Advanced search

best way to clean puke from carpet?

(7 Posts)
timetogetlucky Mon 29-Aug-16 21:05:50

My little one just been sick over the carpet and there is bloody loads of it and stinks. i wanted to know the best way to clean puke from carpet?

treaclesoda Mon 29-Aug-16 21:07:42

Scrape off as much as you can. Clean with soapy water/carpet cleaner. When it's dry, sprinkle with loads of bicarbonate of soda, leave overnight then vacuum off in the morning. This saved my brand new carpet when my six week old projectile vomited on it.

PitchFork Mon 29-Aug-16 21:08:33

scrape off as much as you can.
then loads of towels on top and walk on it to soak up as much moisture as you can.
make a foam of bio washing powder\water and sponge.
more towels to dry it off.

mypropertea Mon 29-Aug-16 21:09:10

I brought a vax carpet cleaner for this exact reason (unhelpful).

But before that, I scraped up any lumps. Then I blotted with a wet sponge and then a towel to dry.

rainbowstardrops Mon 29-Aug-16 21:16:28

Doesn't help you right now but you can buy these granule things (we use them at school). You sprinkle over, leave for a bit then brush it all up.
My kids are a bit bigger now but I'm still tempted to buy some. Would definitely have bought it when mine were little and constantly picking up sicky bugs.

PitchFork Mon 29-Aug-16 21:22:30

you can also use cat litter to sprinkle on after cleaning. helps drying and deodorising.

dudsville Mon 29-Aug-16 22:03:24

I'm afraid I'm going to be unhelpful and suggest you buy a carpet cleaner. For a small investment you'll never worry about this kind of thing again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now