Talk

Advanced search

Range cooker dilemma

(14 Posts)
KreechasKeepa Sun 28-Aug-16 18:01:23

My husband and I are currently 'debating' which brand of range cooker to go for. I was leaning towards a Rangemaster or a Smeg, husband was arguing for an AGA (but a dual fuel range cooker one, not the traditional sort, which is what we're replacing because the running costs are obscene).

I think the AGA is too expensive, he thinks the Rangemaster is too tinny (and he may have a point). I'm also slightly concerned a about reports of bad customer service from Smeg and uneven cooking in the ovens.

It's a minefield, help! What would you all recommend?

Nanasueathome Sun 28-Aug-16 18:05:06

I have a Rangemaster classic and it is fab
Not tinny at all
Cost was £1600 compared to several thousands for aga
Have dual fuel, gas hob, gas oven and grill and then a smaller fan assisted electric oven

thisisbloodyridiculous Sun 28-Aug-16 21:15:03

I have a range master classic too and it's fab! Plus range master is made by the same company as aga...

BennyTheBall Sun 28-Aug-16 21:17:59

We have a Ringmaster with an induction hob.

We love it.

BennyTheBall Sun 28-Aug-16 22:17:33

Lol at Ringmaster.

Just checked - my Mac autocorrects Rangemaster to this confused

elgol Sun 28-Aug-16 22:20:02

Stoves. Which best buy. Love it.

Think about number and size of ovens plus rings.

pinkshagpile Mon 29-Aug-16 20:32:21

We have a Falcon, which is owned by Aga ...best of both worlds! wink

Guiltypleasures001 Mon 29-Aug-16 20:35:39

I have a range master with a five ring halogen hob which also has a plate warmer on it, two ovens and a seperate grill.

Mum2KSS Wed 31-Aug-16 16:31:47

I think I have the same one as Guilty - the rangemaster Excel 110 duel fuel - totally love it, although to be fair, have only been using it for a month.

Laska5772 Wed 31-Aug-16 16:38:39

Rangemaster classic dual fuel here , its great .. in fact after 12 years of constant use its just had its first fault ( the electric zapper starter went in the grill) and the rangemaster bloke put a new one in half an hour for £12.99 (and his call out of £45) Mine has a griddle and wok ring (which I use all the time ) , it makes the best bread also !

ThomasHardyPerennial Wed 31-Aug-16 16:47:40

I hated my Smeg cooker - the elements were always crapping out, and I was left without a working oven one christmas. Total pain in the arse!

StillRabbit Wed 31-Aug-16 21:52:11

My range master is 12 years old and doing great service. Not tinny at all.

ohidoliketobe Wed 31-Aug-16 21:56:29

We've got a Rangemaster duel fuel (model is Platinum I think) and I love it. It didn't have much to live up to - crappy cheap hob and oven were in the house before it, but we've had it 2 years and never had an issue. PIL have apparently had Rangemasters for 30 odd years and no trouble, their current model's been in for about 9 years I reckon.

Tubbyinthehottub Wed 31-Aug-16 22:15:35

I have a Rangemaster Nexus and it's lovely. It's not tinny at all but I know what you mean after looking at all the models in a showroom. Some had crap cheapy knobs. Haven't heard good things about Smegs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now