Talk

Advanced search

What is a "Mild Detergent"

(6 Posts)
briesmith Sun 28-Aug-16 12:23:24

Hello

I no longer have a Mum to ask so I thought I would try you lot as sort of super subs.

I use a machine to breathe at night and it is recommended that the tubing be cleaned using "mild detergent" but I've absolutely no idea what that might mean, what product would qualify and I hoped the mums here might be able to help.

Clearly I don't need a perfumed product and I don't need stain removal qualities. I imagine all I need is a plain, mild detergent, whatever that might be. If anyone can help with a readily available product name I'd be really grateful. Thank you for reading. flowers

ChablisTyrant Sun 28-Aug-16 12:24:32

Washing up liquid, watered down.

NattyTile Sun 28-Aug-16 12:55:08

We use hot soapy water (washing up liquid or handwash, not with added moisturiser) to wash CPAP tubing here. Or else just soak it in Milton solution.

PitchFork Sun 28-Aug-16 12:57:47

yes, washing up liquid or handsoap (not the creamy kind)

briesmith Sun 28-Aug-16 13:29:25

Grateful for the info re washing up liquid. Hadn't thought that qualified. Didn't know it was a detergent.

Soap based products are, however, deprecated because, apparently, they leave a fatty, greasy deposit/film?

Many thanks to all who have responded. flowers flowers

Akire Sun 28-Aug-16 13:32:05

Washing up liquid gets rid of grease grime and fat like the do when you wash up a glass in soapy water. There is no residual if rinsed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now